Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lamping for speed

Options
  • 14-02-2004 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Say something very strange the other night on the Naas road where it leaves Dublin and enters Kildare. I saw a squad car parked on the hard shoulder pointing the wrong way round with its headlights on. There was 2 coppers one with a laser gun and another with a high powered spot light.

From what i could gather one was measuring speed whilst the other was using the lamp to get the numbers.

I doubt this is safe. Anyone else see this happening or is this a new thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Bond-James Bond
    From what i could gather one was measuring speed whilst the other was using the lamp to get the numbers.
    If they were doing it from the front, they may have been checking for seat belts.

Advertisement