Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XCOM, UFO remake in 3D (Freeware)

Options
  • 15-02-2004 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Hopefully should end up better than the mre recent UFO: Aftermath.

They are using the Q2 engine, which still looks decent for the overhead type of game it is.

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Just went googleing around after reading that and I came accross UFO: Alien Invasion , which I assume is the one you are referring to (it uses Q2 engine).

Even though its not a remake as such (more 'heavily inspired') it does look pretty sweet. Must give the demo a whizz when I get home. Hopefully it wont take them too long to get a full version together, and theyre releasing for free which is pretty cool of them, judging by the amount of work it looks like they've put in :)

(incidently, fans of the Xcom series might be interested in a game out atm called Silent Storm. Quality game but didnt get much of a release here (I had to order it from england))

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Ooh hoo hoo hoo!

Excellent! Enemy unknown was (and is) one of my all time favourite games; this is great! I especially like that they put in a multiplayer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Celt
    url

Stupid me... it was late! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Sounds super. Really can't wait to see this in all it's glory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement