Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is America a facist regime?

Options
  • 15-02-2004 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

I mean... they call themselves a democracy but I'm pretty sure that whoever the powers that be want in power, gets power. We've been doing facism in history and some of the ideals of facism seem VERY similar to certain things in the US.
    Propaganda... well you hardly need evidence... A fierce sense of nationalism "We are Americans. God bless America. **** everywhere else".

Totalitarianism. Well... practically. Remember JFK? "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."
    Hitler- "You are nothing. Your country is everything."

They no they can't get away with the deep rooted prejudice of the third reich but it's still a pretty W.A.S.P dominated country. There are still ethnic ghettoes.

An American's life is worth a million foreignor's lives. The whole thing about a superior people.

A DEEP fear of communism.

I dunno. I'm fairly wasted. Tell me what you think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I think you need to sober up and read up on political ideologies a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

Bwaaah, hah, hah, hoh, hoh, hoh, heeh, heeh, heeh, yuk, yuk, yuk...gasp, wheeze!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

LOL - don't confuse right-wing leanings with facism mate! America society is quite problematic in its outlook at times but it's a far far cry from facism and all its sticks. Bush is still a complete twat though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I really don't like it when people play their Hitler ticket. The pro-war side did it. The anti-war side did it. When it's a fair comparison fine, when it's a rhetorical tool to stifle debate, nuh uh.

What kind of political system does the US have? Why a pluralistic Oligarchy, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I ban on wasted posting methinks......:rolleyes:

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

hmmm closing this for the moment. If you want it reopened PM with a good arguement to do so.

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement