Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one know which monitor this is?

• 15-02-2004 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Anyone know which model number the Dell 19" Ultrascan (18.0 VIS) Monitor they sell with their current systems is. I know the P992 is a great monitor , but not sure if this is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Its a samsung monitor(I work for samsung and this is one of our products)......I have one, there a fine Job for games films etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Dell part number: 0K271

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Its only a 100 extra, but the samsungs not a flat screen like the Sony 992...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I work for dell and we recently started selling the 19" as an ultrascan and it's not... someone mislabelled it - its a straight up 19" CRT - not flat fronted, different spec setup - I'm not in work at the moment and cannot access boards in work :( but I'm higly confident its just a standard CRT... I'm always selling the 17" ultrascans cos they have the best spec of any monitor we do and are a nice price, but as the 19" 'ultrascan' is still listed at the same price as what we previously sold standard 19" CRT's I think we can safely say its not an 'ultrascan'...

Anyway - PM if you want to buy a Dell - I'll give you a nice deal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I was wondering about that. I have seen the standard CRT (must check the model number) and its quite nice except that it has quite a curved screen. The P992 is superb though. Can you order it as an extra I wonder?

I usually build my own machines but I was looking through the Dell prices the other day and reckon you can build a very decent machine P4/3ghz/9800pro/512mb for about a grand. I'd be hard pushed to build one at that price. I'm also getting bored spending more time building and tinkering with PC's than actually using them. I figure if I have a Dell I won't be bothered mucking around with it.

Now Dell options are extremely expensive, if you add any of them the cost rockets. I already have a 17" tft, but might sell it and buy a Dell monitor. A decent CRT would probably be better than a TFT for my requirements. But I couldn't add a decent monitor to the Dimension machine without shooting up the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Yep - for some reason we're selling decent machines at knockdown prices at the moment - Dell machines, for all the flak they get, are actually ok - plus they run almost totally silently...

You can get a 3ghz 800FSB with your regular trimmings and 512mb PC3200 with the very hip 17" Flatfronted CRT for a cool G at the moment....

Any takers simply PM me...

Advertisement