Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Largest amount won in a single poker hand?

Options
  • 15-02-2004 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭

Was playing on Ladbrokes yesterday, and had a starting hand of AKo. Played slow, but most of the punters folded, except for one caller. Flop came up: AK3, fourth street: A, River: A.

Managed to pick up a pot of $35 - Other punter must have been convinced I was bluffing. It got me thinking:

What's the largest amount of money you've ever won on a single hand, and what was that hand?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

The largest amount I won online was $38.00
    Can't remember the details of the hand though.

I play RacingPost online Poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I remember Henbane won about €60 from me in a single pot, I can't remember the exact amout cos it was about 8am and we were all hammered.

I think it was my three queens being beaten by A-5 run. Harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Mine was going from 3rd to 2nd in the 250 game at the Fitzwilliam for a gain of €1900. Called an all-in bet with A,3. I thought my opponent was bluffing so I was suprised whe he turned over pocket 5's. Thought I was as good as gone as i would barley have have had enough for the blinds at that stage. Luckily I hit an ace on the flop. You really need some luck at times in poker. How much does luck play a part do you think?? I'd say about 30% but sometimes I think it could be more especially if you are playing against alot of good played with similar levels of skill.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cash game in my mates house I took 220 Irish in a single hand of Seven Sweat (dont play it, its for loonies hahah).
    Bet 16 quid on the next card being a queen of clubs for a royal flush and took the pot when it came up. There are few things that feel that exhilarating!!
    Even though I was working as a contractor for myself at the time and I would make 220 in a little over half a days work, it just feels great to win it in a gamble! Weird innit...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I remember Henbane won about €60 from me in a single pot, I can't remember the exact amout cos it was about 8am and we were all hammered.

I think it was my three queens being beaten by A-5 run. Harsh.

That was some of the most dumb-ass poker I seen in my life - hit the final card of the straight on the river. I had no bidness being in the hand. All night cash games fueled by gin are a dangerous thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Last saturday 2 hands won me 115euro instead of 75 euro. Not much difference but I'm not complaining.
    Mr Pudding was a bigger stack than me, there was lots of folding and stealing of blinds for a few hands, then I got QJ hearts in my hand. I think Chris had Kx, I checked the blinds then chris raised so I raised all in. Chris called leaving himself with about 4-5000chips. The flop came down iwth 2 hearts, then the 10 hearts on the turn, so I won with a flush.
    Chipcount was 5000 Chris, and about 25000+ to me. I had A3oin my hand and called Chris all in, with KQ (I think). And I got an Ace on the flop. Haven't really played many other cash games where I won alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

bah. That €115 was mine I tells ya.

Good game though.

I won $25 in a $0.05/$0.10 no limit cash game on VCPOKER yesterday. First time I have played cash games. Slow played pocket bullets. That is my biggest ever.

MrP

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    You really need some luck at times in poker. How much does luck play a part do you think?? I'd say about 30% but sometimes I think it could be more especially if you are playing against alot of good played with similar levels of skill.
    There's a certain amount of luck involved but sometimes you just 'know' that your hand is going to come good, premonition stylee.
    That QJ hearts hand I had against pudding, the odds were very much against 3 hearts coming up on the board but I felt that it was more likely than pairing up to JJ or QQ.
    I've come to realise that playing the player instead of playing the cards can sometimes mean you do better than you should. Except when you're playing against Stormin Norman, he's mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by henbane
    I had no bidness being in the hand. All night cash games fueled by gin are a dangerous thing.
    Yeah you're a gin-soaked wretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Yeah you're a gin-soaked wretch.

I prefer to think of myself as a lush

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by lafortezza
    There's a certain amount of luck involved but sometimes you just 'know' that your hand is going to come good, premonition stylee.
    That QJ hearts hand I had against pudding, the odds were very much against 3 hearts coming up on the board but I felt that it was more likely than pairing up to JJ or QQ.
    I've come to realise that playing the player instead of playing the cards can sometimes mean you do better than you should. Except when you're playing against Stormin Norman, he's mental.

Or Mr "I dont bet until I get KK or better" Pudding. pffff :p

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Or Mr "I dont bet until I get KK or better" Pudding. pffff :p

DeV.
    KK or better or else his favourite hand 10 6 offsuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by lafortezza
    KK or better or else his favourite hand 10 6 offsuit!

I 'm not happy about how my liking for 10 6o has got out. Plus it not just KK or better. I remember once I played with AK, suited of course.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

lafortezza: sometimes you just 'know' that your hand is going to come good, premonition style

That's true.. In the hand I described above, starting with AK, Flop gave me two pair (A over K), followed by a full-house on fourth street, and a poker of Aces on the River.

I always knew it was going to come good.. :D

Pity everyone else did too.. :mad:

Advertisement