Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minor UI problem - tab order

Options
  • 15-02-2004 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Alright folks,
    excellent site youse got here - been using it for a while now, great place.

Anyway, just a minor interface issue - apologies if this has been brought up before.

On the user login page (when logging in to post, etc), the tab order on the form jumps from the "username" text box to the help link beside it, instead of down to the password box below it. Not sure how easy this is to change, given the table layout and all that, but if someone gets a chance it'd be handy.

Just a minor issue, but I normally tab around forms, and it can be a nuisance when I end up typing my password into thin air, so to speak:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah that happens to me too, annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just tab again into the password box. It's probably a handy defence against spam bots signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Strange, how come that doesnt happen to me? When i type in my username and then tab once, it goes down to the password box:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It is probably browser dependent. If anyone has a quick suggestion for a quick fix, then I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

• Advertisement

Maybe. I added tabindex attributes to the form elements.

Still not fixed.

Just to clarify, we are talking about the vbulletin generated login pages (like if you go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php when not logged in), right?

On rereading, yeah, it probably was. That wasn't how I read it first time though. Try that again?

Still not working.

but, given the general non-compliance of that code to the HTML spec, I'm unsure if it would help.

There are no tabindex attributes attached to the form inputs. The relevant bits of code are:

<input type="text" class="bginput" name="username" value="Unregistered" size="25">

<input type="password" class="bginput" name="password" value="" size="25">

Advertisement