Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool - Portsmouth AGH!

• 15-02-2004 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool 1 - 1 Portsmouth.

After a sparkling opening Pool fell into bad habits as possession was'nt turned into profitable attacking play.
    Yet again players were often drifting out of position proberly cos le Boss wanted it that way.. Only Gerrard really shone. Houllier must GO! (again)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

ARGH! Played very well in the first half with the early goal et al. Second half one always felt with it at 1-0 portsmouth would sneak something and alas they did much to ones annoyance! Heskey should have buried his chance, Carragher's shot was well saved by Hislop (yes I said carragher and shot in one sentence (the lad likes going forward lately)

First penalty claim it would have been very harsh for it to be given against Portsmouth, the second was definitly a penalty but one can say the referee had a bad line of vision and gave what he felt was the correct decision with a free kick outside the box. I agree with mike there about the constant roaming of players it didnt quiet work as always. Le Tallec should have been introduced earlier after having 3 good games previusly but Le Boss likes to randomise things :rolleyes:

Stevie Gerrard , once again fantastic, ran his heart out.

Replay will be god knows when as with Internatinal fixtures and Europena games etc. Will be sick of portsmouth by the end of this season! (hopefully for having to beat em two times!)

*walks off singing "were on a rollercoaster"*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The replay is next Sunday at 3 pm.

About Carragher - yep he must have hit his head when injured! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

So the league game is called off then. Or hell lets just play the two games backtoback and get it over with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yet another game where we dominate but fail to get a result. The finger has to be pointed squarely at Houllier - I firmly believe that we have the players to mount a realistic Premiership challenge, we just have to get the mental toughness and belief that should be coming down from the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

TBF hislop made some outstanding saves today. Gerrard was very impressive but seemed to spend most of the game on the left wing, whats with that. Kewell was ineffective and Pongool and Le Tallac may have made the difference if they came on earlier . Owen started well to score his 150th goal for the pool but over 90 mins he does not look to be the player he once was. What should have been a comfortable win considering the start Liverpool had has now turned into a difficult away fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by The Muppet
    TBF hislop made some outstanding saves today. Gerrard was very impressive but seemed to spend most of the game on the left wing, whats with that. Kewell was ineffective and Pongool and Le Tallac may have made the difference if they came on earlier . Owen started well to score his 150th goal for the pool but over 90 mins he does not look to be the player he once was. What should have been a comfortable win considering the start Liverpool had has now turned into a difficult away fixture.

Exactly!

Kewell was a nothing today. Gerrard was the only one to show any real drive or determination. Heskey, although crap, was also playing like there was something to play for the others just seem to float about the place. Pongolle and Le Tallec showed some enthusiasm aswell when they came on.
    Yet another lack lustre Liverpool performance.
    Henchoz was away with the fairies for most of the game, and considering that's probably the first choice defence they were mediocre at best. The lack of pace is shocking.

That said Pompey didn't deserve to win it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I always had a soft spot for Liverpool - cheeky scousers with crazy hairstyles...

NO MORE!!! That poxy draw today cost me €1475!!! I had a €5 on a 7 team multiple including draws at sunderland and fulham and all I needed today was Arsenal, Sheffield Utd and Liverpool to win and what happened??

Houllier must stay!! There must be retribution for this cruel loss!! You liverpool fans will have to have a whip around from your dole and give me the money...

Sick.:confused: :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by mike65
    The replay is next Sunday at 3 pm.

Surely you mean next Wedensday cause all replay's are played within ten days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Next Sunday is within 10 days!. Its deffo Sunday.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Good old (well young actually ) matty taylor , he wanted to celebrate with his own fans so he ran the length of thge pitch to do so . :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Jesus, I don't know - how many chances do Liverpool need to kill a team off, they left themselves wide open at the back:mad:

Replay Kick off time has been changed to 2 bells by the way:

Pompey Vs LFC Replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The 2 french lads should have come on earlier. Kewell is still not 100% after his injury. TBF to Owen, I don't think he got enough chances. Look at him for his goal...all that lad needs is a sniff and he'll put it away. Heskey was a donkey for missing that. Cisse can't come soon enough. Pongolle at least & Le Tallec know the meaning of running into spaces. For the majority of the game nearly all the outfield players were like statues waiting for the person on the ball to make the space for them.. Watching ManU on sat was a totally different prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not enough head butting and sending offs for ya Lex ?

Advertisement