Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuzzy Monitors

• 15-02-2004 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a question reguarding fuzzy monitors. I have a couple of monitors that are a bit fuzzy and therefore hard on the eyes when trying to read anything. I was talking to a guy and he was saying that there's a little wheel inside the monitor that can be adjusted to sharpen the image. Is there such a wheel and if so is it difficult to adjust without frying myself or any other damage?

Thanks,
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's a thing on my monitor settings called Moiré, the horizontal is set to 0 and the vertical to 17 (factory default). I dunno what it is but I put both up to 100 and it went all fuzzy so it might just be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

you can try sharpening the colurs and appearance in settings (r click - properties - appearance) mite help a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

have the same settings on mine Makaveli but i'm pretty sure they're on on the other ones (gateway monitors). I'm pretty sure the guy was telling me that it had something to do with the tube in the monitor and an adjustable wheel, tbh I was only half listening to him (was very tired), will have to ask the next time i see him. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience doing something similar and the risks etc.

Thanks for the replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Normally ther should be a small nub/wheel you can turn at the back of monitor to adj focus Or if you open your mintor it should be at the back.

Other wise inside the monitor at the end CRT the are a few sets of rings you can adj.
            ___
      _|||_/   |
      _|||_    |
       ||| \___|
       ^
        rings for adj.

There is one ring you have to lossen first.
    and beware of !!!HIGH VOTAGE!!!.

Advertisement