Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Games

Options
  • 15-02-2004 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

Hi all

After the roaring success of last nights game I would like to get one going. I am thinking of Saturday 28th February. It will be along similar lines to the one we had in Dev's gaff.

I was thinking that what might be a idea is to have a small entry fee, this would go towards snacks, soft drinks and maybe some proper food during the break. I reckon €5 per head would lay on a nice spread. What does everyone think?

I also think that it might be an idea to have a home game sticky. That way anyone with afew spaces to fill will have a place to post.

MrP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Hi all

After the roaring success of last nights game I would like to get one going. I am thinking of Saturday 28th February. It will be along similar lines to the one we had in Dev's gaff.

Roaring success for you --- you came in second ;) I'd be up for it, provided I can actually get back home aftewards. Where would it be?
    I was thinking that what might be a idea is to have a small entry fee, this would go towards snacks, soft drinks and maybe some proper food during the break. I reckon €5 per head would lay on a nice spread. What does everyone think?

Sure .. so long as we can bring gin to mix with the 'soft drinks' :) Actually it might not be bad if we could quicken up the game a little bit .. maybe drop it to four hours instead of five or so ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Home games are great, maybe start a bit earlier than 7.30pm though, 6pm? It would mean we could be finished by last bus or else have plenty of time to finish an entertaining game by 2am or 3am.
    The food is an idea but wouldn't that mean that everyone would remain fairly sober? Where's the "ALL IN!!" fun in that??

Thumbs up for the 28th, especially since you live 10 minutes from my house Pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

The food is no problem. I do by best work pissed. I also have a great girlfriend who will help, especially if she thinks I might win some money and not being hungry will help me play!

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I'm up for it. Food is good and I've no objection at all to chipping in for it!

DeV.

I think there may be a good market for home games. How about a template and a sticky. Something along the lines of:

Date/Time- 28th February/TBA

Organiser- MrPudding

Venue- His gaff in Cabinteely

Seats- 8

Game- No Limit Texas Holdem

Buyin- €10

Rebuys- Allowed. Rebuy period set by agreement on the night.

Topups- Yes. One at end of rebuy period.

Extras- €5 House charge. This will provide food and softdrinks for the night.

Player List- MrPudding
    Alex (Normal)
    Lafortezza
    Dev
    jedidjab79

If you are interested PM the organiser and get added to the list.

I think it might make thing easier to organise as there is one place to go and you can see who is going easily and how many seats are available. What do you think? Too OTT or OK?

MrP

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me, a sticky would be a good idea. Do you mean a sticky for all home games or a sticky for each home game?

Count me in for the 28th btw, I'll bring my chips again if everyone was happy with them last saturday. I don't think I'll partake of the food and nibbles, my cans of beer will have to suffice!

One sticky for all would be enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Hi Guys,

been reading these posts for a while and I would love to get involved. I don't know any of you, but isn't that how everyone meets up at some point.

I don't bite, and I lose more often than I win, (kind of ;-) and if there are any places I'd be happy to take one.

I know that you have a set crowd that plays together so I don't expect a seat for the next game, and as well as that I'm away the weekend of the 28th but at any point after that if there's a space drop me a line and I'd be happy to come along.

Cheers

Hey Iago

The best thing for you to do is pop into the Fitz some Thursday night. It is good experience. Keep an eye for the treads that pop up closer to the time and arrange to meet up.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Thanks, I've been hoping to do exactly that one night, but unfortunately I'm in college on Thursday nights and don't finish until 9:30-45, typical of my luck that the one night I'm late in college is the night the free entry to Fitzwilliam is on!

but if I get a night off I'll be sure to drop in.

Thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Iago
    Thanks, I've been hoping to do exactly that one night, but unfortunately I'm in college on Thursday nights and don't finish until 9:30-45, typical of my luck that the one night I'm late in college is the night the free entry to Fitzwilliam is on!

but if I get a night off I'll be sure to drop in.

Thanks for the reply

I wouldn't worry about the time too much. Lots of players turn up late.
    I'd say if you got there by 22:30 you'd be fine (once it's not too packed).

Hi all

Still a few seats left for the game in myn house this Saturday. LEt me know if you are interested.

MrP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I deffinately want to make it to a home game soon but I'm in London this weekend so enjoy.

Hi all
    Still a few seats left for the game in myn house this Saturday. LEt me know if you are interested.
    MrP
    5 players isn't too bad at all, you could try pimping it a bit more (Boards Events?) if you'd like a full house heh
    Could I suggest a cash game instead of a tournament style game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Mr.P : where do you live?

I live near the Cornelscourt Dunnes Stores. It is just off the N11 and handy for the 45 and 46A buses. I will pm details to those that are coming. There may be a few coming from and going to town so taxi shares may be an option.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I can probably save my cash and catch a bus out to your place; would anyone be interested in sharing a cab back into town? I'm going to Killester, so I could just keep going north after town...

Are we still planning on starting early? If people are sharing a cab back in, I don't mind staying late .. otherwise I'll have to try to make the last bus/train.

Originally posted by jedidjab79
    I can probably save my cash and catch a bus out to your place
    Get the 46A and 45 from Nassau St. Last bus from CornelsCourt is probably about 11.15pm but I wouldn't be sure about it.
    I'd prefer to start the earlier the better.

OK then. How about we start at 1830?

My Address is 12 Monaloe Drive.

Directions:

If you get the 45 ask the driver to let you off at the last stop on the Cloonkeen Road. When you get off the bus continue walking in the direction of travel of the bus. About 50 meters further on there is a turn off to the left. There is a great big stone sign saying "Monaloe Park" turn in here. Walk about 100 meters and take your first left. Continue walking and take your secon right, it is a couple of hundred meters. You are now on Monaloe Drive, the road sign is missing so you will have to take my word. Walk to the top of the road and my house is the last on the left.

If you get the 46A get off at Deansgrange Cross at the Bank of Ireland. You will see a Supervalu shop, head in that direction. When you are at that shop you will be on the Cloonkeen road. Continue walking up the road, you will come to the big stone sign and then follow the directions for the 45 bus.

If anyone has any problems PM me and I will give you my phone number.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

How late is it going to go on?

I'm not finished work til 10:30 but I'd pop along and buy in if it looked like a three in the morning jobby.

• Advertisement

OK then. How about we start at 1830?
    MrP
    6.30 is fine by me, how late do you want to play, knowing you have small kids and all?

Advertisement