Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old or new

• 15-02-2004 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

theres something about these new star wars episodes that dosen't sit with me sure the effects are cool and flash.....but do they even hold a candel to the older ones.....I mean the ships look way to advanced in the new ones and makes the old ones seem more like dated junk then timeless classics...I dunno what do you think

Timeless classics....or the new saga 10 votes

episode 4 5 6
    0% 0 votes
    episode 1 2 3
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

no one will ever vote for the new ones, theyre crap. what the hell is the point of this pole? im refusing to vote out of protest at the dumbest pole ive ever seen.

anyway, if i was forced to vote: lord of the rings all the way. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Metaloverlord

hey I never said it wasn't obvious witch was better but theres still tose who are one over by the flash effects lucas probabley made in his own bedroom outta boredom

but hey at least I got dumbest pole ever:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

are you serious? u've actually met someone who prefers the new films?

If someone said they preferred the new eps, i'd punch them in the face.

hell f**kin yeah....though puching is to good for'em.........casstration all the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I think that the new ones fall behind because Lucas went completely sci-fi on them. A lot of people said that the original trilogy was about a fantasy tale, more magical than sci-fi. The new ones come across as if they have to have elaborate sfx otherwise the story just doesn't come across. Also some scenes just seemed to be put in to please the fans or for no reason at all. For example, in II the large jedi Vs robot scene in Dooku's arena, in several instances the camera switchs to shots of jedi powering up their lightsabers in what cqan only be described as a shot inspired by the power rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Oh and the LotR is so much better.

to true

Advertisement