Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Bluetooth Headset? (Using SE T610)

Options
  • 15-02-2004 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi, im looking to buy a Bluetooth headset for use with my Sony Ericsson T610, though obviously the more manufacturer interoperability it features, the better.

At the moment im looking at the Sony Ericsson HBH-65.
    One review ive read of it says it has great sound quality, is very comforatble to wear and has a reasonably respectable battery life but that anymore than 2-3meters away from the phone and the sound quality deteriorates significantly.

I would like to go with an SE headset as that way I can use the one charger(not a major problem to have another charger but its just one less would be nicer!)

Anyone any other suggestions/recommendations, preferably from personal experience?

I would like to keep it to ~€100 all in (I can get the HBH-65 for €100 inc shipping from Ebay).

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I use the HBH-65 myself and would agree with above coments .

Definetly recommended ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

What about the range on it? Do you find the sound deteriorates when the headset is more than 2-3meters from the handset??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Read elsewhere a little earlier that while the sound quality is great on the headset, the person at the other end hears very bad sound - when the headset is used in anything other than a fairly quiet environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I use the jabbra headset from CarPhone Warehouse - it cost me 79 euros. I am using it with a SE P800 and have had no problems at all.

Bio

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Faltermyer

Never really tried the Headset more than 10 feet away from the phone . BUT have just used it upstairs with the phone downstairs with no real problem .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Like BioHazard I too use the Jabra BT200 device although when I bought it before Christmas it was only 69 euro.

It's very comfortable to wear and works perfectly with my SE 610. It also got a good review in a recent edition of PCPLus beating offerings from Logitec and Belkin handsdowns.

It fits very comfortably in and around the back of the ear and is well covered by your hair - IF you have any of course !

Well recommended device and a safe way of using your phone while walking in the City where phone theft is always a risk.

tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Faltermyer
    Hi, im looking to buy a Bluetooth headset for use with my Sony Ericsson T610...

been using a HBM-30 Bluetooth Headset/MP3 player for the last few days and it's pretty good - although a bit pricer than a regular Bluetooth headset

would have preferred if they had designed the mic into the headphone cord (the mic is built into the actual unit) - but that design does allow you to use any (3.5mm jack) headphones with it - if you had it in a top pocket you would need to pull it out to talk on a call though - it comes with a neck strap (wouldn't really suit me!) and a clip (to clip on a bag strap or edge of jacket i guess (don't think the mic would pick up much if clipped to a belt!)

hbm30_t610_devices.ie.jpg

display is handy - pushes the caller ID for an incoming call (including name if listed in your address book), plus displays MP3 track details when playing back music - auto pause/resume for incoming call

hbm30_callerid_devices.ie.jpg
    hbm30_mp3track_devices.ie.jpg

paired with the PC and Mac you can use it as a mic / pair of headphones - although you won't be blown away with the sound quality for music playback etc - but grand for NetMeeting or iChat

think i should invest in some NiMH AAA batteries as it already ate the Alkaline one that came in the pack....

BrianG

Advertisement