Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal

• 15-02-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This isnt the right board im sure but i cant find an appropriate place to post. I won an ebay acution, and am trying to pay by paypal. My card keeps being denied by paypal however, even though theres enough credit on it to pay. Is this normal?
    Anyone else ever have trouble with paypal?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Can ye give us more details ?
    eg
    Have you used paypal before ?
    What exactly does the rejection message say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

No, havent used it before. I thought it might be that i have to put money into my paypal account before paying for stuff with it, but apparantly it just uses your credit card. The message just said it had been denied by my credit card company.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You're thinking the way I used too.
    I thought I had to pay paypal money first(say 100euro) and they'd give me credits.
    but they just debt the ammount out of your account when you pay a bill..
    are you sure it can't be a problem on the other end?
    have you been able to use your credit card online, what credit card is it? and what bank, are you sure you entered the expire date and the number on the back correctly? try register again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

You've probably done this already but after registering with PayPal, you can only used it once you have entered a code that they have placed on your credit card statement. Until that happened, you wont be able to use PayPal. At least thats how it was when I first registered with them a couple of years ago. Like I said, you probably have done that but in case you haven't, that could be the problem.

Advertisement