Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EST last night

• 15-02-2004 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

did anyone make it to the est gig last night in vicar st.?

just looking for some other people opinions on what i thought was one of the best gigs i have ever been to in my life..
    just drew me in, immersed me in the intensity, left me wanting nothing...

phenominal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Was very impressed, first time id heard them.
    Surprised to see touts outside as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I'm just kickin myself in the ass for not being able to go!!
    immersed me in the intensity, left me wanting nothing...

oh man.....i'm raging - hopefully they'll be back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

hopefully they'll be back again.

sure they will,

thats the second time ive seen them,

had the pleasure of seeing them at the cork jazz festival two years ago.. absolutely amazing then too,

if they've come back once, then - by my logic (which has no basis at all other than female intuition and sheer positive will-ing) - then they have to come back again.

especially with the welcome that they got, the gig sold out, there were touts outside. they even stuck around to sign copies of the album for us..
    if they are putting this much time and energy into us, they have to come back to reap the rewards...

....is it obvious im trying to convince myself that they are coming back??

....is it obvious im trying to convince myself that they are coming back??

I'd be doing the same :)

I was reading a review of the gig in the Irish Times and they did mention that having louts selling tickets outside for a jazz gig is something unprecedented - damn they must be good!

Oh, and of course they also "mentioned" that the gig was absolutely breathtaking
    :)

Have you heard of the label ECM?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by catho_monster
    is it obvious im trying to convince myself that they are coming back?

well
    if they do
    make sure you let me know woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

make sure you let me know woman!

will do!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

was a good gig alright
    Svensson was definitely the most impressive for me, I really enjoyed his solos

I was sitting at the back for the last two concerts so I'm definitely getting front row tickets next time :P

btw, ECM label normally means quality stuff. Check out anything by the Keith Jarrett trio (Jarrett - piano, Gary Peacock - bass, Jack DeJohnette - percussion). They are really top quality.

ECM label normally means quality stuff

I agree - you could close your eyes and pick out anything from ECM and it's bound to be a masterpiece.

I like Terje Rypdal, a Norwegian guitarist - as far as i know the first to have conducted an orchestra with an electric guitar. Amazing stuff.

I know Jan Garbarek (also on ECM) played in Christchurch in Dublin a year ago, i think, and i wasnt able to go to that either! The last great jazz gig i went to was John Abercrombie.

Advertisement