Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cens*red Words

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

**** ye. Ah ****, it censored, and so's that. For ****s sake.

Pssst!! Fuck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bad words dont make you hard. it is strange that words like snigger dont get through. does scunthorpe make it i wonder. scunthorpe in case it put a few *** in there

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Getting past the censor is easy alright. There are a few ways to do it. That isn't the issue though. Generally the type of people who just verbally spew random shite on boards aren't the kind of people who would know about those workarounds. I think the censor is there - as DeVore mentioned - to stop and make such people stop and think a little bit before making that retarded post. If they do decide to post, at least the worst of it is mitigated by the censor.

Personally, I don't usually swear. I might swear occasionally if I think it's warranted or if something really surprises me or elicits some strong reaction from me. In my thousand posts or so on this board, I think perhaps 40 of them contained a swear word of some description (including this one). I don't think that is overboard, nor does it defeat the purpose of the censor. It's the intent, not the content that matters, IMO.

Tbh bubbles is Freemason. That is all.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think we've kinda talked this one out.
    "Snigger" has now been returned to your communal lexicons! (though not the n-word, I just fixed the censor).

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement