Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacing Stereo in car?? how?

Options
  • 15-02-2004 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Bought a nice new cd player for my car... anyone know how to get the old one out? or know where i can get a guide on how to do it? its a 99 Hyundai Accent..

Dont want to start pulling at the dash in case i break anything... doesnt slide out as you would expect from most cars...

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Firstly I would see if there is a haynes manual available for it.
    Failing that I would have a good look around the dashboard/centre console area of the car, if you're anyway technical it should be easy to spot how the thing fits together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

yea ive been looking at the Haynes site... have to buy those manuals though dont u! :-) it seems that u mite have to take the entire panel of the dash out.. which holds the stereo, heater control panel and the ashtray/lighter.. there are 2 screws behind the ash tray that seems to loosen the bottom of this panel but i cant find any more..

and the knobs of the heater controls dont seem to slip off or anything like that either....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Those heating etc. knobs HAVE to come off :D I've never come across a car in which you can't just yank them off with a pliers, put a piece of cloth around the jaws of the pliers so that you don't scratch them, and then pull like heck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ok ill try that.. maybe there will be a couple more screws behind those or summit.. or i mite get an indication of how the damn thing cums apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I walked into the Toyota dealer and asked them straight out at the service desk how to remove one and they were more than happy to assist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Skywalker---Sorry but half the dash does have to come out.The stereo is held in with 4 screws behind that centre panel.B***ard of as job.And then when you do have the old one out you may need to buy a new fasia as the Hyundai stereos are slightly smaller than a standard Sony/Pioneer whatever.

Have fun.
    Richie

Advertisement