Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crt > Lcd

Options
  • 16-02-2004 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

My 4 year old Dell 17" CRT started whining alot last week, and today it got really bad, sounded like an ambulance, nee-naw, nee-naw, so I think it is time for a new monitor. LCD of course.

Is the viewable area of a 15" LCD similar to the viewable area of a 17" CRT? Yes?
    Should I go for Silver of Black (or white if I can get it)? Black?

Komplett's 15" Eizo LCD FlexScan L367 TCO-99 Black looks like the job for me, any comments? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=115963&cks=PRL

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by raster
    Is the viewable area of a 15" LCD similar to the viewable area of a 17" CRT?

Similar. The viewable area on most 17" CRT monitors is about 15.7"
    On a 15" LCD, 15" is your viewable area, so you will lose less than an inch.
    Should I go for Silver of Black (or white if I can get it)? Black?

That's really a question of your own taste, but black certainly seems to be de rigeur for monitors at the moment.
    Komplett's 15" Eizo LCD FlexScan L367 TCO-99 Black looks like the job for me, any comments? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=115963&cks=PRL

Looks okay for the price. The response time of 25ms is about the max one would go for if one is using one's PC for playing games.
    If you do play a lot of games, you might be better off looking for a model with faster (lower) response time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

raster,
    One tip "Try before you buy" :):):)

Advertisement