Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file sharer knowledge wanted

• 16-02-2004 3:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Here's the deal: I'm finishing off my degree this year and as part of it im writing a project all to do with good old favourite file sharing.

What im looking for is someone very much in the know about the bleeding edge of this stuff. Please note i didn't say uses, i said in the know.

So if you've heard of the following things, i'd really really appreciate getting in contact as i have a few questions.

Only PM me if you know what the following is, for example:
    /ctcp example\\samples xdcc send #10

I'm very interested in users of freenet, WASTE, dotGET, all that malarky.

This is all in strictest confidence & for the purposes of research. If your concerned that this is all rubbish and i just want to arrest you/find out all about file sharing for my own use... well, all i can do is prove that i'm actually writing the project, and i'll PM anyone a link to the first 4000 words of the project which i've already written.

All you'll get out of it is a big thanks from me and a pint if i ever saw ya.

So, post or if you'd prefer PM me if you can help, i'd appreciate it a lot.

Advertisement