Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordering BB from eircom

• 16-02-2004 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

I ordered BB from eircom last tuesdsay (after my line passed etc) & I'm just wondering how long they take to get back to you & enable the line, I remember something about 10 working days but it also said they would contact me within 2 days witha username & password ( still haven't)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

from reading here anything from 10 days to 5 months. Be prepared for them losing your application etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

cheers, I rang one of the biddies in eircom, who told me it'll be 25th, I won't hold my breath...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

What were your reasons for not going with iol or utv??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

well I had a run in with ESAT/BT a couple of years ago on the iol no limits, & don't want to give my business to them, utv...I've heard has a unreliable service & from looking at some of the problems some users on these boards have had, I decided to go with eircon...plus they have just increased their cap to 8GB & I don't really mind paying €5 more for a decent (enough) service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i dont like eircom but i have to say their dsl department is quiet good
    esat's billing department is a shambles and utv are usless for games
    i think eircom's dsl is a good choice for alot of ppl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Originally posted by phoenix2181
    I ordered BB from eircom last tuesdsay (after my line passed etc) & I'm just wondering how long they take to get back to you & enable the line, I remember something about 10 working days but it also said they would contact me within 2 days witha username & password ( still haven't)

I orderend on a Thursday lunchtime, and received the modem the following Wednesday. Plugged it in, dsl light came on, phoned the 1800 (1850?) number & got username and password and off I went. So, 5 working days. mind you, I still haven't had any documentation from them, telling me officially what my username etc is. Must be some sort of admin screw-up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got my dsl from eircom last friday, pings have been rock solid all the time no matter wot the time and late at night can go as low as 23 on some servers with 35-45 being the average. Downloads have been top dollar too starting off at 70k/sec and maxing out on 54k/sec. Very happy with it.

according to my m8 when the contention ratio drops to 24;1 next monday (Feb 23rd) we may see slightly higher download speeds and slightly lower more stable pings due to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Higher download speeds are possible but its more likely to be more stable. Pings i doubt will change at all seeing as they "rock solid".

Advertisement