Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAX software?

Options
  • 16-02-2004 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good (preferably freeware or OpenSource) FAX software?
    A friend wants to send Faxes from his PC over a modem.
    Win2000/XP afaik, dunno what sort of modem, I assume it supports one of those funny little FAX standards that I know nothing about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not freeware and not open source but I've found Winfax Pro (symantec) good in general. I dumped it as I very rarely get a fax and very rarely send one (as I'm in the 21st century and all that) but I've a few friends who use it in the course of their business and they find it quite good. Hasn't been updated in a few years but it works with XP and 2k as well as it did with win98.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Pretty sure xp comes with that already. Install it from windows components in add/removem programs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Both xp and 2000 have fax software built in. Supervoice is a good and simple to setup and use alternative. Chances are there is fax software on the driver disk for the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Afaik it's a Dell box, so good possibility that there's no XP cd, or Modem installation disks.
    Typical.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

i suppose during the install you would need to change from user to custom install, and select it from the accesories. Maybe available as a download from MS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Zetafax is pretty good!

Advertisement