Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Pool Rules - Laminated / Framed

Options
  • 16-02-2004 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.

I have been looking for the official pool rules, which are laminated (the same as you would find in a pub) to buy.

The closest I have seen is on the following link: http://www.mercuryleisure.co.uk/poolaccs.html

but this has the companies web address at the bottom.

Does anyone know where this can be purchased from either locally or online?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Hi Tony!

I have an A3 copy of the Dublin 8-ball pool league rules here. It's on a card paper but it's not laminated/framed (You could get it done in Pete's I'm sure). It looks well but has our company name (Automatic Amusements) at the top and address at the bottom (Not as blatant/ugly as the one on your link)..

Let me know if you want it and I can send it on FOC.. Sorry I don't have a picture I can send you of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TonyD

Dr Pepper,

I will take you up on your kind offer, thanks.

In the meantime (after alot of searching) I have had a bit of luck and found the UK pool rules on the following link:

http://www.hamiltonbilliards.com/accessories/prints.html

I have ordered a copy (approx €10 inc postage) and should have it in the next 10 days (I could return the favour if you want a copy).

Hopefully with both of these I should cover the old & new rules.

I have sent you my postal address via the private message option

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

understanding that this is an old post and the issue has probably been resolved, surely there is some way to photoshop the address out of the images and print off a copy for reads to do up in laminate etc??

or even use tipp-ex or a same-coloured sheet over the addy to hide the other addresses...

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TonyD

Not sure if the image is good enough to allow this to be done.

Just an update on the web link. I ordered a copy and was sent the current world rules (not what was shown on the web site link).

Apparently this format is not printed anymore hence the reason not being able to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Tony, what exactly did you get for your tenner?

Was it simply a colour printed sheet of paper, or was it framed or was it laminated?

• Advertisement
Advertisement