Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia driver problem

• 16-02-2004 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me out with a problem i am having with broadband. it is actually very straight forward, i am looking for a driver for a Netopia Cayman 3341 router. I have ADSL from Eircom, this is the router they provided. I originally set up the router via my ethernet port but now wish to change it to USB (so I can do internet sharing on a LAN). i have all the hardware, but when i plug in the USB cable it looks for the relevant driver. I have Windows XP pro.

my problem is that I have lost the driver CD that came with the router on day one (I know, I know !!!). I went to the Netopia site, only to find that they dont provide the driver for this device on their website, unbelievable i know, but they specifically refer to it and say you must contact your supplier for it - which in this case is Eircom. i contacted Eircom (via their premium rate phone number, grr!) only to be told that they dont give out the driver except when you sign up for ADSL in the first place! i asked the guy would he just send me out a copy of the CD since they must have one knocking about somewhere but was told no - tough.

so, in short, could someone direct me to somewhere where i could download this driver? or does anyone have any better suggestion of what i could do? or would anyone have a copy of this CD they would be so good as to e-mail me the driver from?

many thanks for your time folks!

Comments

Advertisement