Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The similarities between Quake and Real-Life(tm-LOL)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Once I was playing Dm4 and I kicked the tower by accident and what do you know my opponent falls into the lava.

And you're telling me that Quake has nothing to do with real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

20 Quake spectators logged onto QTV watching a heated war between two rival clans - 20 human beings watching an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Too loose:
    Okay...I've calmed down a bit...Kharn will you stop saying that plz? That's twice now...suffice to say that if I thought he was wrong I would say so...but in this case he's not wrong...and what happened was sad and disturbing.
    So lay off it Dav,
    Carroll.
    Originally posted by that weird Dav guy:

Carroll - you me and Tom are mates - It was said as a joke and although I'm quite aware that there's something rather serious going on that I don't know (or want to for that matter), what I said (on both occasions) was a joke and nothing more.
    Apologies if it's caused offence.

ehhhh...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

This is what happens when you let women play Quake, and post onto Quake boards.

Stamp out this demented practice by deleting the accounts of Vorosha, Zero and Kharn, and banning them from all Quake servers.

Off to Tribes with yeas!

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

999 ping IN Quake - Jaden ON the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

hedealsthemoff-offthetop-tiesthemall-fillsitupwithhispastgetscarriedaway-fillsitupwitthteloveofthefgirl.

Daireareyouresponsibleforallthisghettorapsuperstarstuffthatnicky'slisteningtoo?

SORRY THE SPACE KEY IS STUCK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Right. Sorry but
    Originally posted by Toulouse:

1) suffice to say that if I thought he was wrong I would say so...

2) but in this case he's not wrong.

3) what happened was sad and disturbing.

1) No you wouldn't.
    2) How do u know? You ran out of the room the minute it started.
    3) "Sad" and "Disturbing" ?? Two lads having an argument is sad and disturbing?
    What?
    "Like this ONE time, when I was at band camp, and it started raining, and it was truly sad and disturbing....."
    "Like this ONE time, when I was in the shop, and I dropped 10p on the ground and it rolled away, that was so sad and disturbing to me....."

must...take.....medication.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

14.4K connect to Quake server on a 128K ISDN modem. - Vorosha speaking.

Too much noise causing low quantity/quality of information to get through.

Take the blue pill Ronan. Trust me.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

carroll is NEVER petty and NEVER takes sides like duh ronan!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Eric or Brian - I think this thread should be closed - it's getting a bit to "lets have a big b1tching session" like.

Lads - I made a (bad) joke. Carroll wasn't impressed. I appologised. That's it. We don't need flame wars on the Quake Board. The Half-Life board's where they happen... smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Check your mail Jedi.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Carroll - you me and Tom are mates - It was said as a joke and although I'm quite aware that there's something rather serious going on that I don't know (or want to for that matter), what I said (on both occasions) was a joke and nothing more.

Appologies if it's caused offence.

<edit>
    It would help if I could spell smile.gif
    </edit>

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 20-09-2000).]

Quake shooting teammate into lava - a joke, sometimes misunderstood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement