Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unban the queen

• 16-02-2004 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Unban UnRealQueen... puurrrlleaasee...
    I swear I was not bullied or bribed to make this post...
    Honest guv'nor!

She's lovely..... and she IS NOT paying me any money to post this.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

I disagree with the banning of the queen!
    she hasnt spamed half as bad as some of the ppl here

do the right thing mods!

you were placed here by the people for the people even concider parole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Originally posted by Jaoibh
    you were placed here by the people for the people even concider parole!

....No, your thinking of ... well not really government, your thinking of the ideals of government - which doesn't even work there. Boards != democracy, and democracy doesn't work, so therefore boards works.

AHA Logic!

Well I have given my opinion
    lets hope the mod's step up to the plate and give there's

so far I think they have done a great job I hope they continue to do so!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ban tomtom!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In all fairness if unreals banned I can think of a few other people that should be too,that can tend to be as bad if not worse then her

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Well been the foremost authority on spam ( apparently) i beleave that unreal queen should be freed as she has not spammed near the amount of others here recently!
    And if she is to stay banned then other's would also have to suffer the same faith, less the mod's of this board be unjust and they re decision's made due to kinship with some members????????:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They might as well have closed this forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Just to give you people a little perspective, although I dont understand why I have to explain myself, yet here I am. I will anyway.

Firstly UnrealQueen is my friend. We started college together in 1st year. So there is no shady conspiracy here nor is there any favouritism or anything like that.

Secondly she was not banned for spamming. She was banned for reposting something which was removed from the boards, after she was given a warning.

Thirdly I cannot ban anyone who was spamming after TomTom's "Amnesty Carlow Speech" because we decided to give people a chance to show us their worst. (EDIT : I also think its important to mention she was banned BEFORE the Amnesty)

No one was banned for those approx. 12 hours. (Apart from PinkMarshMallow, but you'd better discuss that with Unrealqueen).

Fourthly This is not a democracy, you can all wish for UnrealQueen to be back and it wont happen no matter how hard ye wish/pray for it. What ye should do is post a message to Feedback/Suggestions. As I prompted UnrealQueen to do also.

Fifthly This was her second breaking of the rules of the Carlow IT boards and as such she received a temporary 1 week ban. However since she was banned she has proceeded to break the rules for her third, fourth, fifth & sixth time.

For the record, if anyone has a problem with my decisions/rules/punishments, please speak to an admin and ask that I be removed. Discussing me or with me AT length AGAIN and AGAIN will not make me change my mind.

Please be assured that I have put alot of thought and consideration into banning or unbanning any individuals, no matter who they might be.

Well you gave the answer I was looking for thats as good a reason as any to ban someone!

but if its only a temporary ban the Queen will return and this place will be complete again :¬)

Thanx for explaining yourself Ivan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Yes, free the queen. She's a lovely girl and we all love her. This place is so dark, boring and dreary without her brightness. We all may as well just die!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Note to Bicky and Ivan, clear your cookies before leaving UnrealQueen with free access to both of your computers, I say send her to the gallows for this little act of mischief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

yeah i agree with the last post i made but dont remember typing it!!
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i dunno, when we have dearrgiest we don't reaalyy need her. not to mention that ivan and bicky are starting to sound a lot like her so maybe we should ban the lot of them (please tomtom)

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Thank you very much everyone who voted for me:D. All of ye who didn't are all a bunch of miserable gits(except Sean). For my fans, I will be in college tomorrow to sign autographs and to pose for photos.:p

Thanx again:D :cool:

UQ:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

why isn't sean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Because he didn't do it meanly, only out of boredom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

/me is special
    [in a GO TEAM! kinda way...]

So why is she banned now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I think cause she kept having a go at Ivan. So they banned her as a way of stoping her.

GO QUEENY:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i wonder if i put my mind to it how quick i can get banned .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

with the form Ivan is in, shouldn't take you to long Elexes

Does it really matter to you people why she is banned now.

The simple fact of the matter is I was going to ban her originally before all this mess started, but I didnt have the guts to do it.

She was constantly spamming the forum, dragging any and every thread off topic, not to mention accusing me of being unfair to the point where my head was about to explode.

However, I figured I could get some debate going about my moderating and about the charter & rules of the forum.

But that was a really bad idea.

TomTom merely stepped in and did what I could not do and for that, I'm grateful.

And no, we didnt ban her for having a go at me.
    Originally posted by elexes
    i wonder if i put my mind to it how quick i can get banned .

I'd say, oh... about 2 hours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i could do it in 3 minutes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Ivan
    Cos she's an attention whore,

Thats hardly anyway to speak about someone now Ivan is it???

Maybe she deserved a ban, but was it neccessary to do it the way you did??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Mordeth
    i could do it in 3 minutes..

Noone doubts ya:D

Originally posted by irish1
    Thats hardly anyway to speak about someone now Ivan is it???

Maybe she deserved a ban, but was it neccessary to do it the way you did??

Thats my opinion and as people are fondly reminding me every 5 minutes, I'm allowed to have one!

There is no maybe about it, she DID deserve a ban, I didnt do it.

But I dont understand by "the way you did".

I meant name calling and discussing the subject in an open Forum!

The simple fact of the matter is I was going to ban her originally before all this mess started

Ah right didn't know that!!!
    So is it a month ban or permanent!!

Originally posted by irish1
    I meant name calling and discussing the subject in an open Forum!

I was expressing an opinion, not a totally unfounded one, I assure you.

The subject was dragged into the open Forum by UnrealQueen when she was banned the first time.

And none of these things had anything to do with her being banned, so again, I repeat; whats wrong with "the way we did"?

• Advertisement

I was expressing an opinion, not a totally unfounded one, I assure you.

The subject was dragged into the open Forum by UnrealQueen when she was banned the first time.

And none of these things had anything to do with her being banned, so again, I repeat; whats wrong with "the way we did"?

It may have been your opinion but it was name calling, i.e a personal insult, people have been banned in many forums for that in the past.

I answered your question

Or do you mean something else now when you say
    whats wrong with "the way we did"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement