Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fa Cup Draw

• 16-02-2004 2:36pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

FA CUP DRAW
    Quarter-finals:
    MILLWALL v TRANMERE

MAN UTD v FULHAM/WEST HAM

SUN'LAND/B'HAM v SHEFF UTD

L'POOL/P'MOUTH v ARSENAL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bye Bye Liverpool

Nice to see either Milwall or Tranmere will be in the Semi's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Well, if The Hammers beat Fulham, anyone remember DiCanio -v- Barthez?

Then again, Fulham already beat Utd this season too.

I'd like to see Sheff Utd through to the semi's too, hopefully against Sunderland!

Not really much hope for the scousers, if they get past Pompey, then they have to face Arsenal, can't really see liverpool getting through that one.

Don't know about Millwall or Tranmere, not that it matters anyway, as long as Arsenal and Utd avoid each other in the Semi's, then it will be them two in the millenium come may.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

No Saha for Fulham tho.

Delighted to see that Tranmere or Millwall will nake it to the semis :D

Tough draw for Liverpool or Portsmouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Some interesting games particularly the chance of seeing Saha vs his old club or is he cup tied?.

Liverpool v Arsenal would be the tie of the round but Portsmouth have to be done away with first which won't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This is going to look a bit weird.:dunno: If Arsenal/Liverpool/Portsmouth meet United/Fulham/West ham in the Semi's then it is either Millwall/Tranmere/Sunderland/Birmingham/Sheff Utd in the final. Therefore a division 1 team (or Birmingham) will be in the UEFA next year.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Originally posted by irish1
    Bye Bye Liverpool

I hope you're not assuming that they will beat Pompey cos that's not a done deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

I dont think anyone will make crazy assumptions like that. I wouldnt assume Liverpool could beat Sligo Rovers reserves while Gerrard Houllier is there.

(No offence ment to Sligo Rovers)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Nice draw for United. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
    I hope you're not assuming that they will beat Pompey cos that's not a done deal.

Well I meant if Pompey don't do them over, The Gunners will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yet again the gunners get a hard draw but i think portsmoth will do the pool over which would make it much easier for the gunners in the 1/4 in think still they should go though, look slike the fa want a utd - arsenal final nd they may well get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Darn Tutin, an arsenal Man utd final would be fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i predicted that arsenal would be drawn with 'pool/ports and i was right
    i also predicted that ports would then go on to beat liverpool, lets see if im wrong
    either way, i dont see anyone beating arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Di Canio doesn't play for West Ham anymore and you can kinda say Barthez doesn't play for Utd either so don't expect repeats of that day.

I'm gonna put my neck on the line here and say liverpool will beat Arsenal IF they get past Portsmouth. Just have a feeling in my bones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Saha is cup tied why do you think he was'nt playing at the weekend?What does Di Canio's goal got to do if they played now 1)He's not there anymore and 2)Howard is in goal's and he does'nt do Barthez style cock up's.

The teams I think that will gi through are Arsenal,United,Fulham,Sunderland,Tranmere

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hopefully the pool can beat pompey and then we'd have a savage game at anfield against arsenal. remember the league game-man we should have won that!!! be a great cup tie as nothing is predictable especially liverpool!!!

stevie g vs veira - mouth watering!!!

Originally posted by kmart6
    The teams I think that will gi through are Arsenal,United,Fulham,Sunderland,Tranmere
    So that's five teams in the semi finals! :D

MILLWALL v TRANMERE

MAN UTD v FULHAM/WEST HAM

SUN'LAND/B'HAM v SHEFF UTD

L'POOL/P'MOUTH v ARSENAL

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by kmart6

umm - 5 teams in the semis - should make it interesting - lol

If there is an Arsenal/Liverpool game then I would take past form with a pinch of salt. On the day eother of these teams could win it and the fact that Liverpool are at home might give them some added gusto. Should make an interesting match - however Pompey still have a shout

Hyzepher

Originally posted by Caked Karen
    hopefully the pool can beat pompey and then we'd have a savage game at anfield against arsenal. remember the league game-man we should have won that!!! be a great cup tie as nothing is predictable especially liverpool!!!

stevie g vs veira - mouth watering!!!
    IF Liverpool beat Portsmouth then I'd fancy them in the tie againstArsenal. It's the kind of match where the players will be fired up for the entire game and who knows the crowd at Anfield may even get behind the team for a change. One thing that could put the game in Liverpool's favour is that Arsenal have a Champions League game in midweek following the FA Cup match so a few players may be rested by Arsene Wenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by Bannor
    IF...the crowd at Anfield...

Seriuosly?

That same anfield crowd that boos off its players?

That same anfield crowd that doesn't sell out for a FA Cup match against Premiership opposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

i predicted that arsenal would be drawn with 'pool/ports and i was right

funny that i thought the same as soon as arsenal beat chelsea

IF Liverpool beat Portsmouth then I'd fancy them in the tie againstArsenal. It's the kind of match where the players will be fired up for the entire game and who knows the crowd at Anfield may even get behind the team for a change.

i agree i think this could be our year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

IF Liverpool can beat Pompey (it'll be tough, but they'll hopefully get it right this time:rolleyes:) I definately fancy them to beat Arsenal and then meet Unireh in the final:)

With regards to the Anfield supporters booing the players - they're entitled to show their dissatisfaction but I think it's just counter-productive. Maybe if they got behind the team a bit more DURING THE GAME LFC might muster a few more wins than they have done lately...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

but imo during the game includes when the players are leavin the pitch. the match on sunday wasn't the best result but it didn't warrant booing, its the same section of fans who are doing it and it shouldn't be tolerated. they were doing it back in october when i was at the tottenham match with chants like "Attack, attack, attack-attack attack" and it really gets on my nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Hey listen, I don't agree with booing the players at any time either. But then you'd have to say the paying fans have the right to show they disapprove of the tactics or approach employed, & the end of a game is the best opportunity they have to do this

Personally I think the booing is aimed directly at Houllier rather than the players themselves though

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

yeah was the same when i was over there at the leeds match. its nuts as they get really peeved off easily and atomatically start booing the players. not fair not playing well but the least we can do is get behind them.

Advertisement