Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB bill question...?

• 16-02-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Signed up to Eircom BB during in December during the whole 'free month, free connection, free modem' promotion.

Just finished my first month with them. Recieved a bill today with the following entry:

Telephone rental and other:
    Self install starter combi EUR45

Just so i know, is this the rental for the modem? Is it mandatory on all Eircom BB Bills, even if you took up that promotion?

Cheers.

Brian

PS - Also, would like to know if this new E39.99 monthly fee for Eircom BB will be charged to existing BB customers (who signed up before it was announced). Or will it only be to customers that sign up from now on? I presume existing customers will still have to pay the E54.50..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by basquille
    Signed up to Eircom BB during in December during the whole 'free month, free connection, free modem' promotion.

Just finished my first month with them. Recieved a bill today with the following entry:
    Telephone rental and other:
    Self install starter combi EUR45

Just so I know, is this the rental for the modem?
    Nope, there is no fee for the modem. But you are billed in advance for the service (as you are with line rental), so that should be the charge for the month just starting.
    PS - Also, would like to know if this new E39.99 monthly fee for Eircom BB will be charged to existing BB customers (who signed up before it was announced). Or will it only be to customers that sign up from now on? I presume existing customers will still have to pay the E54.50..
    You won't be automatically changed to the cheaper package, but you can switch to it if you want (at no charge, for the time being). Obviously, they want as many revenue sources as possible to stay on the higher priced package, even though these people have, in theory, demonstrated that their usage fits in nicely with the lower priced product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,981 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the help Ripwave.

But one question, what exactly am i paying for with the EUR45?

Is it rental for the modem? If so, how long will i be paying this?

Cheers again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by basquille
    But one question, what exactly am i paying for with the EUR45?

Is it rental for the modem? If so, how long will i be paying this?
    That's €45 + VAT which is €54.45 in real money. That's the monthly charge for your DSL connection. You'll be paying it every month as long as you had DSL, unless you switch to a different service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,981 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Ripwave..

Forgot all about the VAT - makes sense now!

Advertisement