Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster / Aiken are disgraceful !

• 16-02-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Here's a copy of the letter i've just sent to Aiken promotions in D.8 ( Ticketmaster passed the blame onto them )
    The offer at the end stands to any of you guys as well , any tickets going for either night , please post it on this site

Cheers

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to complain to you about the bad organization I feel took place in relation to allocation of tickets for the WWE Tour of Defiance event in the Point theatre scheduled for 27th of May 2004.
    I attempted to buy tickets for the previous night of this event on the 26th of May, when they went on sale Friday 13th of February by credit card booking on the Ticketmaster website And on their phone booking line. At 9:20 am, both the website and the booking agent I spoke with on the phone informed me the event was sold out, which I was obviously disappointed about but understood due to the popularity of WWE in Ireland.
    What I do not understand however, is why the website or the booking agent could not tell me a second date was added and would go on sale that same day.
    I rang Ticketmaster and asked them this and they say they were intructed to sell the tickets at such short on Aiken’s instructions. On the basis of this wish to express my disappointment with Aiken at allowing these tickets to go on sale at such short notice, as I have no doubt a large portion of the tickets were snapped up by touts and internet surfers, not real fans such as myself who got no chance to buy a ticket because we did not even hear they were on sale until after they were sold out.
    I have been a fan of WWE for over 20 years and have not had the opportunity to see it live in ten years, my son is also a big fan and has never had the opportunity. I was perfectly willing to pay the maximum amount for the best tickets available for either of these nights but now it seems we will have to wait even longer.
    If there is any way you can suggest to me of how I can purchase 3 x tickets for this event, or indeed confirm if a third night will be announced, I would be extremely grateful.

Sincerely

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I can understand your gripe at Ticketmaster but I've found Aitken alright at the best of times, basis for comparison being MCD. Had they been handling it, tix would probs 80 or something even more ridiculous!

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I know what you mean and understand but it was pretty well documented around here that if the first show sold out fast enough then there would be a second one. I don't think you can say that the real fans didn't get tickets because it is the real fans who were watchin out for the call. I mean it was the people here posting who were so annoyed at not getting tickets that were the one's who found out. Since joining this board i've seen the amount of people that use it and it really is the h.q of wrestling fans all over ireland. This board misses nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

Knew someone would comment on that ! ,
    When i mentioned Internet surfers i meant touts who scan the net looking for tickets with the intention of buying them all up then selling them to real fans for hugh profits ( which is what i'm going to have to do now )
    My point was not all fans have internet access , therefore some other sort of media notification , papers/ radio etc. , should have been given before that second night was made avaliable.
    I only discovered this site last week when i was looking for info on the tickets ! ,
    i can see it's a good site and most who contribute know there stuff but not all wrestling fans have access to the internet , and should'nt have to.
    You don't have to be posting on forums all day to be classed as a real fan , even though i can see from this board many real fans do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bazacuss

i completely agree.i was on the internet and the phone at 9am on the 13th and i couldnt get through either way.I was lucky enough to get tickets for the second date but i think it was disgracefull the way they handled that.i'd put my name to that letter.i think that the fans should sign a pertition for a third date because the point holds only 6,000 and surely there must be still huge demand for tickets.i say we should get a pertition going.

Well as i stated in a previous post, where else could they book? Their last show here was in 95, the business has changed so much since then. It's not like there's anywhere else they could have booked without the risk of a loss. It's as good as sold 2 shows, so we're talking over 10,000 tickets. So by that logic, it would have sold out anyway.

Fact of the matter is, Ireland when it comes to venues is either feast or famine.
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

No problem with the formats provided for booking i.e internet , phone or buying in person , and to draw a line under the slagging off the internet thing - absolutely no probs with the internet , i'm all for advances in technology and i think i'ts a great invention , i'm on it now for God's sake .
    My problem was the very poor short notice they gave for the second date and the fact they only annouced it on the net . I was'nt on the net Friday afternoon so knew nothing about it till the next day. A little notice and an annoucement on agood old fashioned form of media such as the papers or radio would have informed fans who don't spend all day on the net.

Didn't they do that for the second U2 Slane date in 2001, announced that the tickets were on sale at very last minute?

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement