Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cap Stats

• 16-02-2004 5:17pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭

got a few questions regarding the cap.

Where do I check how much ive downloaded from Eircom on their website? Ive checked on the boards but keep coming up with IOL usage calculater.

Also according to the eircom website we are all being upgraded to the new broadband services from next monday the 23rd of February, does this mean that wotever limit were at that it gets reset to 0gigs when the new services start?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

dslstats.eircom.net as much as it works. I don't understand your other question and don't know the answer either way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by Gonzo
    got a few questions regarding the cap.

Where do I check how much ive downloaded from Eircom on their website? Ive checked on the boards but keep coming up with IOL usage calculater.

Also according to the eircom website we are all being upgraded to the new broadband services from next monday the 23rd of February, does this mean that wotever limit were at that it gets reset to 0gigs when the new services start?

http://dslstats.eircom.net/

and about the cap resetting who knows what eircom will do
    im more concerned that they might start enforcing the caps now that the new services are in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thx guys, got me stats working now altho it claims ive downloaded nothing since i got my dsl on friday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it isnt updated untill your session ends and the modem has to log you in again
    sessions normaly last a few days

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

when does the cap get reset to 0gigs again? 1st day of every month for everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Gonzo
    when does the cap get reset to 0gigs again? 1st day of every month for everyone?
    Yep first of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by tuxx

im more concerned that they might start enforcing the caps now that the new services are in

They may start enforcing caps when the new services come live. Im on 1Mb uncapped, ill be upgraded to 2Mb. If I know that the 12GB cap on the 1Mb service isnt being enforced then why should I pay €169 a month when I can downgrade to the 1Mb for €89 and save myself €80 a month.....

Advertisement