Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The fundamental difference between Quake and Real-Life(tm)

Options
  • 20-09-2000 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Emotion. Nothing in the Quake universe can be linked to our emotions. True, one hundred health, one hundred armour, a plasma gun and then quad is truly a fantastic feeling of joy but this list of instances is not and cannot be compared to the emotion 'joy'. Why not? Because WE feel the joy, in real life. It depends on the human BEING. How can we say that some other human being experiencing the same quake status, even adding a battlesuit to the equation, wouldn't be experienceing pure WOE because of some Real-life emotion plaguing his mind.

It is this important difference that, if the universes of quake and real-life collide, makes quake people 'nerds' and real people 'above you'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Vorosha, King of the nerds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

OH WOE, lets not make this thread another long list of 'people who miss the point'.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

that looks so boring im not even going to attempt to read it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Excellent point Daire.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

BOOM CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ever notice the way the Quake female models look like females...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

You've obviously spent alot of time "studying" Quake female models Tom.

smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Youd agree with him then Jaden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

n1 sky m8 wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh right ted, I thought you said "...between Quake and Half-Life(tm)"

And could I just say at this point that the female models in Deus Ex have heaving chests and white panties.........

I'll get me panti..err...coat....

amp: Deus Ex - It's SniperTASTIC!!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Advertisement
Advertisement