Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Jericho

• 16-02-2004 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

I am a big Chris Jericho fan and am not very impressed with the way that he is being used by the WWE. He has most certainly been one of the most entertaining and consistantly performers let alone heels in the WWE in tha last few years. Yet he seems stuck in a rut.

While he has been one of the top heels on RAW Triple H has been the champion and as such Chris Jericho has not been able to have a fued for the title. However now he is in the process of becoming a face and now the title is going to a face ar WMXX it seems, so again Jericho will not be able have a fued for the title.

Even when he had the title he was misused and despite being the first ever and longest holding(I may be wrong on that)undisputed champion was given a very week run. Was protrayed as a coward and ultimately lost the title at wrestlemania to the ever useless and boring Triple H.

Will Chris Jericho ever get a meaningful fued or title run? He is great on the mic and a great performer in the ring. He is good as a face and great as a heel. What more does he need.

Just for the record I think his partnership with Trish is a waste of time. It does nothing for Jericho and just elevates Trish. Which in turn means that she eclipses the rest of the womens division, making a mediocore title even less meaningful. Also Jericho's preposed match for WMXX with Christian will be interesting but does nothing for either competetior.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I agree that he's underused, but at the moment I can't see a place for him in the main event. It looks as if Benoit will be winning the title soon and while I'm a fan of both of these guys, I'd much prefer to see Benoit in the main event picture.

After that, the rumours seem to indicate that it'll be Benoit and Michaels in the title feud as Triple H drops out for a bit. Maybe after that, Jericho might go on to feud with Benoit or Michaels over the title. They'd both be cool matches (though he's already had a feud with Michaels fairly recently)

If he were to jump over to the Smackdown brand, he'd have a hard time fitting in to the title picture there too. Wrestlemania looks to be Guerrero v Angle. I suppose Jericho could then feud with the winner there (I'm choosing Guerrero) but then look who's left out. You've got both Angle and Lesnar left with nothing to do as I can't see them starting up their feud again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I don't think that we will see Chris Jericho move to Smackdown as at the moment he is heavily involved in the storyline with Trish and Christian for th immediate future.

If he continues being a face I can see him maybe challenging Randy Orton for the intercontinential title. However this would be a step backwards or even another lateral one for Jericho. As a heel a feud between him and Benoit would be great, in reverse roles a few years ago they had a great feud for the interconential title.

Otherwise I can see a feud with someone like Triple H or one that might be good would be a feud with Ric Flair.

I also would like to see Benoit with the title, however I feel that Jericho would be a better champion simply because of his great mic skills. With the exception of Austion he is the most entertaining wrestler to listen to on the mic IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Well at least hes starting to become interseting again now that he is turning face. He was became really boring as a heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Jericho is established and built up. All they need to do is go to Canada soon and he will get some big pops and that will build him up. Face or heel he is great he can draw cheers or heat from the crowd. The only reason that he struggled as a heel is because th bosses son in law is apparently the top heel. I think that the rock got it right in his promo a few years ago making fun Triple H.

"Tonight I am the game and for the next twenty minutes I will stand in this ring and say absolutely nothing"

I just think that Jericho and to a lesser extent the womens division deserve a better story line than the Trish story line

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Well at least with this trish jericho storyline there actually going somewhere for a while there jericho just seem to float about not really being used for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

HHH is killing the WWE plain and simple. Were never going to see Raw amount to anything as long as hes there. I hope he gets another long term injury and mabye then we can have some good TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah HHH has had the title way too long. Has anyone any idea how long he has held it or been in the mix for it? Must be a year? Big Poppa Pump was built up when he came to the WWE and hes now just a midcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Bring on the Trips Hatin'!
    Seriously tho, 9 out of 10 marks who expressed their preference said they preferred the strap around anyone BUT Triple H!

I'd like to see Benoit get his crack of the Whip, but i also think it's time for Jericho to get a shot again, three months was not enough for his last reign.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Jericho is an amazing talent. The TRish angle is totally elevating him, and I dont know how you can see other wise. Granted this isnt 1991, and love angles might not cut it anymore, but think back to 2001.

Remember what the Lita/ Matt Hardy kiss did for his career. A week later he was a Euro champ. Was the longest reighning champ, and may I will also pointed out he defended it 16 times in his reign. Thats at least once a week. He eventually let it up to his best friend, and became a tag champ imediatly after. Come the last succeful few matches of the Hardys, after a sudden drop he was elevated to one of Smackdowns important heals, holding the cruiser weight title for 4 and a half months(also collecting a bonus of 800,000 for his "vast improvments")

That all happened after a kiss that chaught everyones attention. If they can milk the angle and do it properly, it could work, and the heel turn would push Jericho into the main event, as Trips will probally still be there at the top in 6months time.

But I can already see a push happening for Jericho, mabey by judgement day he will be in the runnings. Raw need a few new Main eventers with the departure of Goldberg after WMXX, and the bordem factor of Paul Leveque. It will just be Benoit left, after I predict Michaels will honourably jump back down the cartd a bit to puch some young promising talents, like all admirable veterans should. YEAH TRIPPLE H!!!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

i totally agree with you there and i hope jericho doesn't get moved to smackdown i wanna see him in the point.The trish thing is definately doing nothing for him, im sick of it by now, she's totally got em whopped

Advertisement