Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband disconnects

• 16-02-2004 9:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭

hi: I use the www.dyndns.org service to create a psuedo-sttic IP. I use it with the Eircom broadband product. I have the standard Eircom (Netopia) broadband modem and have it connected to a router. I have one server running 24/7. Everything works but for some reason the connecction fails occassionally. The net connection dies and the only way I know to sort it out is to unplug & replug the router and reset the modem. Does anybody know what the problem is? Is it an eircom issue or is it something to do with my hardware setup?

regards,

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

DSL links can desync ... but come back in a couple of minutes usually ... I have experienced it ... my DG614 logs connection events and it showed the link drop and then re-enable itself ... if yours doesnt come back it could be flakey hardware or software ....:confused:

Advertisement