Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1mb Satellite Broadband for €65

• 16-02-2004 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

anyone hear from this company before, seems like a great deal. I know the setting up cost would prob add up but €65 for a 1mb connection how bad is that. anyone with any info would begreat
    http://www.leinstertelecommunications.ie/broadband.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

What Company......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

didnt u forget to include the name of the company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

same sat as CPSAT and the same package

CPSAT are cheaper though.

1Mb is about €50 a month incl VAT from Plenexis and CPSAT. 800Mb priority one and 8gb priority two

1Mb is €65 a month from Leinster for the exact same package.

Leinster charge €105 for the DVB Card and CPSAT about €80 , same card.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

and their website is borked or has been pulled .... what did the pentium_2 page say?

• Advertisement

:D Lurkers :D

P2/266 €450 , v hi tech in Mountmellick

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

they dont know how to make hyperlinks lol
    everything is linked to
    file:///C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Cregistered%20user%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Webs%5Cmyweb%5C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by BigEejit
    and their website is borked or has been pulled .... what did the pentium_2 page say?

PENTIUM 2, 266 MHz 128 MB RAM, 6 GB HDD
    FAX/VOICE INTERNET MODEM SOUNDCARD & SPEAKERS
    CD DRIVE FLOPPY DRIVE KEYBOARD MOUSE 15”
    LEXMARK COLOR PRINTER
    NO OPERATING SYSTEM

€449.5
    and if that wasn't bad enough then they want to put xp on it

OPERATING SYSTEM
    Windows XP home edition €129

clowns

The Sat BB link has been pulled as well :confused: , there'll be nothing left by tomorrow at this rate !

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Sites seems to be back up now. I've seen it before and really dont see the point in getting a sat package like that where you have to dial in aswell. Only be good for downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

I'm working with a guy from Belgium and he says the standard connection over there is between 50 - 70 Meg! and the real kick in the teeth is that on average it costs €30 a month, and I thought I was doin' well with €49 a month for my EsatBT line :) although in fairness I've never come near going over my monthly limit so I can't really complain on that front (personally speaking that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by aligator_am
    I'm working with a guy from Belgium and he says the standard connection over there is between 50 - 70 Meg! and the real kick in the teeth is that on average it costs €30 a month, and I thought I was doin' well with €49 a month for my EsatBT line :) although in fairness I've never come near going over my monthly limit so I can't really complain on that front (personally speaking that is)
    Er ... did you post in the right thread? ... this one was about Satellite (and in particular about a bunch of twats who are shortly going to go out of business if they keep their pricing the same), and i really doubt if me man in Belgium has a 50mbit satellite connection for €30 a month:rolleyes:

Sorry you're right, i should have posted it in the main broadband section, as far as the Belgian chap goes, im only repeating what he said to me, although to be honest i doubt he's exagerating too much, you know how we tend to get ripped off for services in this country.

I've heard that there's a company that are providing satellite connectivity around the Dundalk area (i heard that a good while ago and they were meant to be expanding their coverage) has anyone else heard about this? I think i read it on the broadband for ireland website.

Originally posted by aligator_am
    I've heard that there's a company that are providing satellite connectivity around the Dundalk area

(i heard that a good while ago and they were meant to be expanding their coverage)

Satellite covers pretty much anywhere. You may be thinking about wireless :P

doh! foiled again :)

By the way that's a kickass machine you got, im getting one soon myself, tell me though, this will be the first Athalon machine i've ever bought (Athalon 64 3200+) have you ever had problems with yours?

Appologies if this isn't appropriate for this thread.

Thanks

Alan

Think that was directed at me?
    My cpu aint 64bit and yes I've have lots of problems. The setup atm is extremely stable. Havent had it crash once and windows is installed for over 3months now. Havent OCed it much.
    Check out the hardware forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Back on topic lads

Biz

The pages for the 1 way sat and also the pentium 2 for €449 were pulled off that site so fast (especially seeing as it was 10pm at night) that I am left with the indelible impression that it may have been a pimping attempt that backfired.

As there is no product to link to anymore maybe the thread should be locked :D with a warning to watch out for Leinster Telecommunications selling a product where they do not fully disclose the features or prices or T&C's

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You know muck you make a very good point smart ass remind me to read the links more offen :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement