Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film about a guy who writes comics.

Options
  • 16-02-2004 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

The film is called American splendour, the comics are called American Splendour and the guy is called Harvey Pekar and it's the story of his life as a comics writer. It won't be at the mainstream cinemas (I saw it at the Kino in Cork) but look out for it. It's funny and you get to see how this guy went about writing his comics, how he was influenced and so on. Plus, for comic fans, it's really cool that the style of the film is based on comics sometimes - there are frames and speech bubbles and so on.

Here's the site of the film!

I'd be interested to hear what others thought of it if they've seen it. (I could have posted this in the films section but I'm more interested in the views of other comics fans).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

I saw it in the Kino last week and was slightly dissapointed in it. Wasn't quite as funny/cutting as it was made out to be in some reviews . Definitely worth watching though as a fan of comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I think it is a great movie. And Toby Randolf is the best nerd character I have ever seen portrayed on the screen.

"I am a genuine nerd"

I'll never forget that line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Filem About a guy who writes comics......Crumb"

Great Movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

yep both crumb and american splendour are great movies :)

in case any dubs are interested, american splendour will be showing in the screen
    dont know about any other places(in dublin) that are showing it though :(

Advertisement