Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand/Bangkok/TEFL

• 16-02-2004 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm off to Bangkok in 2 weeks time...for a year.Am doing a TEFL course over there...which set me back the best part of €1000.The College with whom i am doing the course have also set me up with a job teaching English upon completion of the course.
    Anybody been there.....how much money you reckon i will need?(it'll be 8 weeks b4 the first pay cheque comes through).

So far have spent....

€1000 on the course
    €800 on an open 1 year return flight
    €130 for a multiple entry working visa
    €250 for innoculations

Anybody been there?...had a good time....would you recommend it.....any good stories.....etc etc ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

i used to go there everyyear with my mom and sisters (my moms thai)
    but i stopped going last year, coz we would spend most of the time in the country side
    but i went to bangkok plenty of times
    compared to here, its very cheap for food, especially noodle shops, very yummy
    around 20baht (prob 50cent i think) for a bowl of noodles lunch

and mcdonalds is so clean, its wierd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Very crowed and polluted ...some great places to see though. I wouldnt like a year there thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Going there on my honey moon in July any one got any info that you don't get in the tourist books?, I 'm going to Puket for 10 days and Bangkok for 2 days

Advertisement