Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joystick

Options
  • 17-02-2004 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Ok seeming Bf v is come out soon and ill be getting it ....I though i better bite the bullet and invent in a joystick for aircraft/helio control

So what do you lot use ?

i was thinking about This (might have to click twice)

or something cheaper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I use a basic MS sidewinder type stick, however, there's something dodgy about it, as it makes me jump out of helis and planes mid flight. :(

I like the seperate throttle controller with that one @ yer link, nice. Never really had confidence with thrustmaster controllers tho, driver suppport etc always seemed to be lagging behind the rest or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I read a few reviews of the Thrustmaster afterburn 2 and it seem's to be a good joystick

So i think ill get it for Bf1942 Dc Bf v and X2 the threat

now just to find 70 euro for the joystick + p and p :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I'm fairly into real flight sims, but I really find that in arcadey war games, a mouse and keyboard is far more effective than a HOTAS system. I have a Saitek X45, but it really doesn't do much for battlefield or dc. also the hassle of having to move your hands every time you enter and exit a plane... seems like a bit of a pain.

If you're into sims, the stick that you posted looks pretty good, but I reckon you're better off with mouse + keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I use keys too..never have had a joystick..i just footered about with the key settings so i didn't have to bother with the mouse, got a combination i feel comfortable with and it works for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well i would prefere a Joystick as im getting sick of controling a helo with keys as you cant really hover very well

Plus i will use it for X2 the threat and im planing on getting into combat flight sims

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Highly recommended.

Advertisement