Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop sound card

Options
  • 17-02-2004 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

This is gonna sound foolish but had a party at the weekend, the lads were messin with the laptop an one of em went an fell over the speakers connected up to the sound card...the jack broke, managed to get out most of it, but now theres a wee bit of it jammed right up in the hole *dont laugh!!*. Anyways iv tried everything to hand, tweezers etc but theres nothing i can tweak it out with. Any ideas?? I thought maybe about putting a tiny bit of glue on the broken jack, tryin to stick the two together and then pull it out, but iv a feelin thatl end in diaster, an i dont know anywhere that sells industrial strenght magnets....please help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Right.......firstly what type of laptop is it???

Most laptops are not too difficult to dismantle....you just need patience!

If its a dell laptop, its as easy as pie to dismantle....

This is probabley your best option as sticking something into the port is sure to end in disaster!!!!

Also you could do a search on google for your laptop model etc and you might get lucky with a walk through guide on how to take it apart.

Like I said if its a dell give me a shout back and I'll give you some advice

rgds
    Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stephenking1981

Its an iqon-their actually pretty good if you keep people from messin about wit em! Got the prob sorted, the things still stuck but got a spanking new sound card (usb) and am now keeping the laptop locked away in its own little cage away from the madness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What one did you get? Looking for one for my laptop myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    What one did you get? Looking for one for my laptop myself.

A friend of mine uses Creative Soundblaster MP3 for his laptop. The sound is great but he only uses it to listen to music. I'm not sure how good it is with games or movies. You could get the Creative SB Audigy 2 NX USB2.0 if you have more money to splash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats the difference between them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

If I'm not mistaken, the soundblaster mp3 mainly used for music whereas the other one more general.
    I'm not sure because I havent used either one. Maybe somebody who has used them would give you more info on this. Sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

HI,
    The Sound Blaster® Audigy™ 2 NX is only
    €133.00 including tax + shipping from the Creative website.

Zep.

Advertisement