Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HONDA CIVIC ESI headlights buggered

Options
  • 17-02-2004 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi folks
    i need to adjust the lights on above car, they are pointing down to the ground,.not so good really !

i put on new ice blue bulbs.........but before i put them on they were probably the same anyway

anyone know how i can adjust them, my mums car (a clio) had the beams about a foot higher on the wall............id imagine 1 foot = alot of road.

also , a few days ago i checked the oil on the car, i dont know was it me or what but the dip stick was as dry as a babys bottom.......

so i pulled it onto the garage, and checked on level gound......and still no oil.......so i was stunned as my brother did a full service (who needs garages!!) about a month ago, i had not checked the oil since, being a student run to the ground.

i wonder did i put in the dip stick right or what.........i filled up with synthetic oil i found in the garage, and the level is ok now.........

i hope the engine is not burining oil ..........very surprised if it was, hondas and all.....etc.

any help would be sound......

<><

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Those ICE blue bulbs are crap for road use - I'd recommend a set of philips.

Did you check the oil when the car was cold ? if yes - you've probably over filled on the oil and will need to drop some out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by ondafly
    Those ICE blue bulbs are crap for road use - I'd recommend a set of philips.

Did you check the oil when the car was cold ? if yes - you've probably over filled on the oil and will need to drop some out.

Not to mention ilegal!

You need to get your mixture sorted gwladies, spend a penny - in the long run you will be better off!

You might wanna look into getting some new headlights, you can get some modded ones for a civic (infact there are loads of different kinds especially for a civic) which could replicate the ones you have on already. Or if you feel sassy you could buy some better ones and style the car up.

GL

reD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

can you not manually adjust the headlights by using a tool like a wrench or something? In my focus you can adjust them by opening the bonnet, you see two screws on top of the headlight, they will let you adjust the height and angle of the beam

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Yes you can adjust the headlights on the civic by loosening the 2 top bolts slightly with a 10 socket/spanner and positioning the light accordingly. However the bulbs were a bastard to fit when i had a civic so make sure you install them properly or else no amount of adjusting with the bolts will fix it......... but it might be slightly different on irish models cos i had a jap import.

The oil wasnt on the dipstick possibly because you didnt let the car sit for a while and all the oil would still be in the head. Why don't you check it in the morning after its been sitting overnight which would give u a more accurate reading. Bear in mind that it only takes about half a litre to bring the oil from the low mark on the dipstick to the full mark so dont go overfilling if you can.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There is a small adjuster socket on the top of the light for moving them up down. You will need an allen key to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

You dont need an allen key a 10 spanner should do it. Theres not any allen bolts on the headlight.

Advertisement