Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Getting Eircom Phoneline Installed - New House - Question??

Options
  • 17-02-2004 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Bought a new house in portlaoise in December. Requested phoneline to be connected on the 12th Jan and received contract from eircom with my account number and work order number about a week later which I signed and sent back.

Now I rang on the 12th Feb for an update re: connection date and have been told its going to be 12 weeks from now as they have to update the exchange, with a "SPECIAL" Cable.

My question is are they obliged to get my phone line connected within a certain amount of time as they have already accepted me as a customer by issuing me an account number?

thanks for your help

Neonitrix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved to Nets/Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

You should check their charter. This happened to me some years ago. Can't remember how long it took to installed - but they had a clause in their charter that gave me money back for their delay

just had a look at the site
    under customer services - Customer Care Code of Practice

Installation - under the terms of our customer service guarantee if we fail to install your line within 10 working days of our agreeing to do so you can claim a credit of two months free rental. Also if you have a complaint about installation we aim to resolve your complaint within 10 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It depends what they mean by agreeing to install the phone line and at what point the ageement to install commences. I am sure they have plenty of opt outs - "special cable" being one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Nope. We were in the same situation last year. They needed to put in a 'bigger cable'. You'll be eligible alright. Just ring up and tell them you want this discount and they'll start you off with a negative balance to the value of 2 months line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

A 'bigger cable' or 'special cable' sounds good, not like a pairgain thank God.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

Update:

Still waiting on the phone line to be connected - I ended up contacting customer complaints under their charter to lodge a complaint.

Been fobbed off for the past month and only yesterday got a call saying it would be another 2 weeks. I asked for it in writing as I was sick of being lied to and they point blankly refused saying that they had no authority to write to me and were only passing on information from the engineer in charge.

I have a feeling that Its off to comreg I go but its getting annoying now and is beginning to piss me off.

I cant understand how they can accept a customer and issue an account number when they have no idea when they can connect a phoneline.

Any other ideas would help

thanks

Neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

write to Pheena Lonergan and complain. Threaten legal action for breach of contract. You won't be long having your phone connected. Write to her at Eircom head office.

In view of the postal strike, an email might be best. Or else phone her ask 1901 to connect you. Take no BS from them.

PLonergan@eircom.ie

have fun!

Advertisement