Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Usage Calculator

• 17-02-2004 9:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Mine is still showing Zero and last login date of the 26/10/04.

Anyone else having this problem ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

if you connect through a router turn it off and back on, or if your computer as been on 24x7, restart it. That'll make your internet session end, and then the stats should update within 24hours.I'm not sure homw long it takes exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

They have had issues with it this month- I had to call and get mine reset.

BTW They are capturing your data transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

Exactly.Tech support will sort it.

Slightly off topic,does anyone know at which point each new BB month starts at Esat or is it dependant on when you initially started your subscription?

I was led to believe that its the 24th of each month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I've had IOL BB for about a month now. The first couple of weeks the stats would update every day to reflect what I've used. Since a couple days into Feb its been static. That's will the router being restarted, server computer restarted, multiple reconnections.

If I go over the limit then I will not be held responsible since I have no real way of keeping track of exactly what I've used. It is after all my first month... Besides I don't think they can tell me I am over the limit when their system clearly says I am not. If their usuage system is not functioning correctly they take it offline post a message saying "We are fixing this." Fix it and we can all be happy..

Don't get me wrong. Im not going to keep Kazaa on continuous d/l 24 hours a day. But I won't sit back and refuse to download in case I'm over the limit. If they want to force people to keep to a limit then they should have a proper system in place that reports correct usuage. It is THEIR responsibility to make this facility available, users should not have to phone up them...

I am so sick of the crap EsatBT put their customers through. I really thought when BT took over the organization might grow a brain. I was mistaken. I just wish there was more competition in the market because if there was EsatBT wouldn't stand a chance...

Ciao
    Xcellor

look at posts from offercrocgold - he was disconnected after 1 week taking a similar attitude. The onus is on you to track it.

If you reported it to IOL and then they didn't fix it you might have a case. Anyway you should be tracking your own usage too.

To asrsemonger - it is based on a calendar month - and you have 8gb in the first month regardless of when you sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I don't understand why expecting good service from Irish companies is such a hard concept for some. I don't agree at all that the onus is on us as users to keep track of our usuage. If a company imposes limits then it is their responsibility to inform users of their usuage. Not just cut them off... I mean is there anyone else in this forum that thinks like me?

Xcellor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by kida
    look at posts from offercrocgold - he was disconnected after 1 week taking a similar attitude. The onus is on you to track it.
    I dont think it should be!!, they are forcing a cap on me then they should make sure they show exactly how much I'm using!. I just haven't bothered to complain yet, I'm a very lazy person so I probably wont.

I am not saying it is right or even a godd service- just stating the way they operate. I have had a few run-ins with Esat on this very issue.

There is nothing in the TOC that says that the web site is the definitive source of the transfer so far. It only says you cannot go over 8GB. They just provide the web site as a tool.

OfflerCrocGod - you knew there was a problem but you didn't report it or ask them to update your usage - you were hoping that because it wasn't displayed that it wasn't being tracked.

I had a problem with mine - reported it and it was fixed same day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    they are forcing a cap on me
    No, they're not. You decided to pay for the cheap, capped service, rather than the more expensive, uncapped service. Nobody forced you to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

i've restarted the router numerous times - still says zero. Ah well, tried ringing them, but don't have time to sit on hold.

If my xbox live suddenly dies some night, I'll know why.

Cheers Folks

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Had the same prob with my account. A call to their tech support line resolved the issue.

On a slightly related point , the usage runs by calendar month...

Advertisement