Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HOW DO YOU GET A vehicle registration cert?

Options
  • 17-02-2004 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all

I was hoping that you could provide some help.

My tax was up in December and with the silly session upon us I didn’t get a chance to renew it. Now its Feb and my NCT was up on the 12th. The problem is this. I can’t find my vehicle registration book or my NCT cert from last time (not that that really matter). Now my TAX and NCT are up and my insurance is up in March.

I take it then I need to fill in a RF100A - MOTOR TAX RENEWAL FORM and sent that in with my new vehicle registration form to get my Tax sorted and then go and sort out the NCT before the 13th of March. So my question is this how does one go about getting a new vehicle registration cert? Also, how long will that process take?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you have to go and get a form from your local tax office (gardai might have them aswell) that you fill in & send away with the correct fee and youre sent a copy of your reg cert back. I think it's something like €6 to get a copy of it, but then again I could be horribly wrong. Get up to your tax office and get a copy of the form though.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

Thanks rymus,

Do you know what the form is called, named?? usually it a number. If a have this is maybe on-line for download.

Thanks again

Rymus

I found it. To make this a useful topic find below the link to the dublincorp site that has all the documents in PDF. The one I need to replace the document is under MotorTax and is called Replacement Documents. Its numbered RF134.

http://www.dublincity.ie/services/forms/frmindexcat.htm#driving

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

You need an RF134 and it'll cost €12. Just hand it into your local Motor Tax Office and they'll give you a new one on the spot.

Also, its a Vehicle LICENSING Cert you're after - NOT a Vehicle REGISTRATION Cert. There's a big difference.

indeed Tommy, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement