Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 Arena : The Latest Point Release, *menacing voice* 1.25

Options
  • 23-09-2000 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

pro-mode time people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

theyve done a lot of things, that shouldve been done when quake3 was released, like the splash damage bug with rocket launcher(it was fairly stupid that on q3tourney2 you used to be able to hit people through a floor that was taller than a QUAKE MAN!!(!!)

they say they havent changed the physics, there shouldnt be any lessening of air control

as for the respawn times of megahealth, and quad, thats a good thing, i think theyve just standardised the megahealth and quad times to 2 mins, instead of letting the level choose weird spawn times like they used to

oh yeah the mods will be re-released for the new version as soon as the q3 source for this version is released, should be done in a few days

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 23-09-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

A sane voice there from sam.
    A few changes a bit bad , but more good or else there just little features(model swaping)
    But its about time they fixed the shoot an rl at floor or wall and get the person above/behind ,here here ID.I mean how lame is it when lorc frags you tru a t4 walkway biggrin.gif
    G.

Daddy or chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

oh yes also , to hell with those sad mods , just play teamdeathmatch.
    G.

Daddy or chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

What the fúck have they done?!?!?

Someone explain to me how id could fúck this up so bad?

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

What ID have done have fixed their bugs in their game.

The problem is, they should have done this like, over a year ago!. People would not be acccustomed to their bugs (which we now call features), some of which have become so important it's just not a game without them!

There is some really stupid things they have done imho. Example -

You cannot play older demos with this patch
    You cannot use other mods like ra3, tf3, instagib!
    You cannot strafe jump as much.
    You cannot splash rockets (eg on t4 walkways)
    LG starting ammo changed!!!

I'll let you decide, in the meantime, none of the Irish Servers will be upgraded by myself or Overlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

A couple of other 'bugs'...

the respawn time for MH on DM7 and DM13 is upto 2 mins from 35 secs.

Less air control ("how could it be worse?", I hear you say!). Physics are screwed, all slow moving.

However, if you get this and install it, you can revert to 117 by delete the pak4.pak file from yer baseq3 dir and re-installing 117.

Might be worth checking out some of the other features they've added to the game...defensive medals in team games etc. they've split models too...so you can have the head of a model on a diff one, from what I understand.

The demos thing is just a joke...BiO have tons of demos which we all watch every so often...not being able to really sux.

What have they done to my game? frown.gif

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

So in essence then, indeed within the nutshell of this varied banter is, at the heart of the matter, what you are in fact saying is that I'll have to download all those mods like ra3, the one where I get to dress up as a nurse, PiNG, the matrix (vat iz de matrix?),promode, glminesweeper, xtremectf and instagib ALL OVER AGAIN?!

WTF! I say, verily I doth ask WTF?!

amp: who doesn't actually play any of these (except GLminesweeper), he's just a mod downloader muppet.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

I dont believe the **** id pulled on this point realease, after selling my mother so i could get a decent machine they have gone a ****ed up a good game,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

How much d'ya get for her ? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I didn't notice much difference in the physics (although I'm not much of a Q3 techie...), but the splash-damage through the floor bug is something that should have been fixed a year ago, not now when everyone's used to it.

We all have two options here - either we all get used to the new version, or we all agree to stick with 1.17, promode, RA, etc. and leave the old version on the servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Also, has anyone taken a look through the pak4 file? ROFL @ the "holy ****" wav biggrin.gif

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yup_Yup

I dont think that sticking with 1.17 is a option as the rest of the world will move on. I welcome the splash damage fix and we will get used to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

The rest of the world seems not to have moved on so far, barrysworld have not upgraded their servers due to the amazing amoutn of bad remarks about the new point realease. If you read on XSReality there isnt really one post that is for the new release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

imagine sam on the upper level of t4 using the new release. fúck that shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

this thread is just NOT COOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i agree damo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Originally posted by damo:
    this thread is just NOT COOL

It is so. Look - we're all chillin' with our cyber friends. What could be cooler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

no look marcus, see thats my point....oh wait you were being sarcastic, so i agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

chillin's, thrillin's, remembering our favourite q3 killin's

Advertisement