Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD's bought in Europe question

Options
  • 17-02-2004 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this come across as a completely daft question. Was in Brussels recently and one store there was selling the Band of Brothers box set for €50. All of the packaging was in French but under the languages section it had English and French.

So my question is it the case for DVD's in Europe to be playable and the film will not be dubbed into French or whatever i.e. the characters will be speaking in English.

Any clarification would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

yeah, it just removes the french dubbing wen u select english, so the original soundtrack is heard. Xtra Vision were selling the box set for €58 a few weeks ago i think, not sure if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's the same with DVDs bought here.
    Check out the soundtracks, most of them have dubs. You just don't pay any attention to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

Not all DVDs are like this though, I bought one in Holland (nothing dodgy I swear) which has persistant Dutch subtitles when playing the English soundtrack.

Advertisement