Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP compsoc

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

from what i remember Paul, i started in 2000/2001 and i signed up for your netsoc and was told that you were seeking funding for a server or some **** like that and when you had it, computer services wouldn't let you put it on the network. and hence the end of netsoc is on your hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I take it that nobody is going to come in tonight either?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

is the account still disabled cos there is no poin playing games if the account is gone?

I know but if nobody shows up then we can't sign that thingy that the techie's want and so we'll never get the account up and running at this rate.

CURTIS WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

did u see they're puttin them new P4 2.8Ghz Dells in other rooms? maybe thats y the techies wanted compsoc closed, so we couldn't use the good computers.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Oh yeah! I saw them. They're in the multimedia room. Feck, i must start going to multimedia again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kinda make ya look forward to going into college monday........not really though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Originally posted by Kain
    I know but if nobody shows up then we can't sign that thingy that the techie's want

What thingy???

The comp servies guys want all the members to sign a sheet so that they know whos a member and whos not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Lab 310 has got shiny new black P4 2.8's as well, but with the old beige monitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Kain
    The comp servies guys want all the members to sign a sheet so that they know whos a member and whos not.

No, I wanted to get all the active members of compsoc to sign a sheet, then show it to the techies to prove that nobody from compsoc was playing quake 3 that day. All I need is people's names and login id's.

Do ya not have that information from the clubs/socs signup day?

I do, but most of the people who signed up at clubs and socs day aren't active members, plus i think 3 of them may have signed up but don't know their names. I'd rather just have a small list of names to bring them anyway, that way they'd be more likely to actually look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

lads we have to get compsoc back. with these new machines any game is possible.
    (well any game that we can crack)

where is this sheet, and how about well all meet up in A307 tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The graphics card is onboard Intel 82865G Graphics Controller so probably not every game will work. still i think we should do wat clansman said and at least try get it back up and running. I didnt pay me 2 euros membership fee for nothin ;)

Mobster was asking me, what the story is with COMPSOC. If we're all going to meet up tomorrow then i'll go and tell him and some of the others.

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    The graphics card is onboard Intel 82865G Graphics Controller so probably not every game will work. still i think we should do wat clansman said and at least try get it back up and running. I didnt pay me 2 euros membership fee for nothin ;)

Not only that, but they only have direct x 8, which means no unreal 2 engine games. Still games of BF1942 would be possible. So, who will be there tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'll make it at around 7 ish.
    Maybe Don1 will come too???
    Dogboy you can say it to Steve cause he won't listen to me!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i dont really read much of these threads cause they are generally full of crap, and at the moment i could be putting more crap into this thread, sorry.

yeah lab307 has got shiny p4s tooo
    2.8ghz......WOW!
    512mb ram......WOW!
    64mb onboard gfx......bleh but still better than 16mb tnt2 ****s.
    CD-R drives......not sure if they are working, but im sure well know before long (they are not working in device manager)
    as bill said in the last post, they're only running dx8 and not dx8.1 which is what unreal2 based games need.
    BUT, seeing as these computers kicks most people's own pcs ( personal computers ) ass's, i think we should try to get compsoc up again. The loading time on all games will be far far quicker, and much shinier graphics for all games such as Q3, RTCW, Unreal1.
    Think of those old computers and the fun we used to have on them last year ( 24 player Q3 on a 12 player map, yes ye remember! ) and now think of these new machines.....

Originally posted by stevenk
    Basicly, your all going to FORCED to play Unreal 2 XMP on tuesday. Screw counter strike, screw RTCW and screw Quake 3, this games beats all.

Still prefer Counter Strike or even better Day of Defeat

• Advertisement
Advertisement