Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

same heatsink, new fan?

• 17-02-2004 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

ive got a noisy 60mm fan on my standard heatsink that came with my amd 1800+.

i wouldnt be too confident removing the heatsink/fan and putting a new one on by myself, so would gettnig a new quiter 60mm or 80mm (with 60mm adaptor) fan be a better option? so keep the existing heatsing and add on the new fan... is it an easy job?

dw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it's really simple, iv got a 60 - 80mm fan adapter i used before on a coolermaster heatsink,iirc the temp didnt change much but the noise was a lot lower.you can get 80-120mm in maplin blanchardstown aswell but thats prob overklll for you.

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

cheers. "really simple": i like the sound of that. i'll have a go over the next few weeks.

dw

Advertisement