Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorway Junction numbers

• 17-02-2004 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

I know that we Irish seem to prefer motorway exits by name e.g. Red cow exit instead of Exit 9. Despite this each junction is numbered. I notice that on the new stretches of he M1 there is no numbering on any exit. Any ideas why? It makes it very difficult for those ufamiliar with the route to find the correct exit and it must be easier for local businesses to tell their customers to leave the m-way at exit 9 etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think a lot of it might be down to institutional laziness. Junctions on the M7 are being numbered.

There is a minor issue of the port tunnel and junctions 1-3 on the M1/ M50 (shared numbers) and how to deal with them. Threre are also proposals for at least one extra junction at Swords and for service areas.

Advertisement