Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT/DOE for car vans

Options
  • 17-02-2004 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Is it true that NCTS dont test car dervived vans eg. fiesta vans etc? And the DOE is for goods vehicles only?

Can you tax your Fiesta van at private rates and avoid the NCT/Doe all together?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A van is a goods vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by Victor
    A van is a goods vehicle.

It isn't if you tax it private.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

A friend of mine though has an Opel Corsa van, but he taxes & insures it for private use or business use(I'm not sure which) & there's some loophole that he doesn't need NCT for it.
    Needless to say it's a banger & shouldn't be on the road. I think I saw on the news where it's been identified as a loophole so his days are numbered.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Yes, but, last I heard, its on the way out pretty soon.

Advertisement