Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS-q50......

Options
  • 30-09-2000 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Ah for fuk sake. Methinks someone is trying to kill the Irish scene altogether.
    Are you that desperate to win, that you will screw everything up for everyone else just so you can parade around declaring your brilliance?
    Irish Quake and English Quake is like comparing All-Ireland to English Soccer. In the All-Ireland the best team wins, Dublin ppl play for Dublin, Tipp ppl play for Tipp. Whoever wins is the best team.
    In the UK, soccer teams buy in loads of foreigners, then declare how great they are when they win, where as if they played their original team of spastics, they wouldnt have a hope.
    BIO have english players who have been with them for ages, but M1ke said that for the irish league, they were gonna play Irish lads.
    Do you not see that ppl like Q50 and Ser are only in PS for a joke? Ser plays for SK, Q50 plays for 4K, loads of players join bum clans for a laugh, do you think if SK had a game at the same time as an Irish game that Ser would think for a second who he would play with.
    If PS win the league, I for one won't recognise it, and I know lots of other clans won't either, like Bio who play and play and play to get better to do well in the leagues, rather than hiring matchwinners.

I think it's fukking sad, and I'd like anyone else who thinks so to post here too.

nD.Zero

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

here here.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

yea i think its sad

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Must agree on this one, very bad indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

why dont you come onto irc and talk...
    anyway were short players at the moment and connections we got 2 uk people and your getting all paranoid because one of them has a name, other clans in the iq3cl have good unrecognised uk players, i dunno what your yapping on about chris for if we didnt have him you would.
    Q50 is a nice guy who wanted to have some fun games along side us, he met most of ps at bwec. I can tell you now he doesnt like all this moaning about him and doesnt want to cause a problem so he might leave if he wants to.
    But its you guys who are making yourself look like twats....
    heres what he just had to say about it :
    "im joining cos i like the peeps in ps and i wanna learn more about the irish scene"

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 30-09-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rapier-q3

is there money on this or somethen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Yes, we are moaning because he's a "name". We can all go hunting for "names" like Q50, and get them, it isn't that difficult. Lots of us have connections with very good clans throughout Europe and the UK and if we all took this kind of approach we could turn Irish Quake into a pix and mix of ringers/part timers who you either have or don't have and make things miserable for a) the real members of our clans who won't get to play cause they aren't as good as the hired help, b) clans without the special hired 3l33t help will be annoyed because they're playing a different breed :/

Yes BiO have uk players, most of them have been with us since they started playing Quake3 and are just the same as the rest of us.

I think it's just taking it to an extreme, it's within the rules but I didn't expect a clan to stretch it to this extreme.

I still want this to be a fun league to play in, competitive but fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Rapier-q3:
    is there money on this or somethen?

Exactly the point. The last league had a cash prize, and therefore was very competitive, some say it was the worse for it. AFAIK the new league has no prize for the winners, and so is only for fun (I was under the impression that this what games were for...)

I was never in it to win, just to play some games against good players and have a laugh while doing it, so I don't have a problem with it unless M1ke has a rule about Irish players only.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Chaos:
    why dont you come onto irc and talk...
    anyway were short players at the moment and connections we got 2 uk people and your getting all paranoid because one of them has a name

GAYos, where did you come out of all of a sudden? Don't give us that sh1t, ye will do anything. nD are looking forward to playing 7 and BIO etc, but you are so bent on winning, ye just fukk everything up, and leave everyone with a bad taste.
    How are ye short ?? For tomorrow you could play ElPres, Jedi, You and someone else, there are enough players in Ireland.
    Sure nD will go and get Cereal, Vorv and Silent so will we? Then we can parade around like you shower of drag queens and think we're great.
    I thought you quit Quake3 to go off to pubs and score?? Hard luck.
    You know what they say, once a virgin always a virgin. gg. shot. pld.

Go away gayos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Ahh come on
    If PS get one more foreign player then it isnt PS anymore....what about Clamour Sean etc?
    Yous have most of the national team anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well I think its great, just ****ing marvellous. Here Ronan, pass the gimp so that we can go give fatality a blow job... maybe he'll join us then.

Sure we might as well fly Kane over here too, he WAS talking about a holiday....

Chaos, just be realistic. You aren't Alex Ferguson, and nobody thinks that it is sportsmanly.

I think as Ronan said, clans like BIO, who deserve fair play, don't go off and rent all-stars. Any body can do that, but it isn't right.

PS already did it before, like snatching nicky and chris.... that's okay, nobody moaned before, but this time, forget it.

If q50 is to play for you, he must leave 4K first.

Please leave out the abuse. This is serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

eh hello ladz??? Irish league's ment to be a bit of a LAFF ffs.
    So what some clans have forign players?

Calm down.

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

On a slightly lighter note which has nothing to do with ps-q50, I iz slpb and is getting 20-30 pings to jolt.co.uk and euro servers smile.gif

So umm.. ner... and stuff..

<< Arf Arf >>

Ok at the moment myself and the other admins are discussing this situation and it's likely that we'll amend the rules to prevent things like this happening by tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear

nah it's all sorted. PS have removed Q50, fair play to them for doing that, they'll still do well with or without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

lo

I just got back from my little trip around Europe to find this thing going on.

I took a stab at sorting it out on IRC...

Basicly it seems PS are short of players with Ser, Beast and Jedi all off. To try and sort this out Chaos asked Q50 (who has a genuine interest in the Irish scene after us taking a game of his English team) to fill the gap.

The best solution I could come up with was asking M1ke to try and postpone the 7 game for a week to let us get our act together.

I also talked to Q50 and told him that him playing in an Irish league would cause huge **** as he was considered to be "pretty good".

I personally dont like the idea of Q50 playing for us as it would lead to all sorts of ninja head hunting.

So, in a perfect world 7 agree to postpone and we play next week. If 7 dont agree I would rather play with whatever we can manage to scrape together without Q50 and take a hiding without our first team.

So, how about it lads? One week to sort ourselves out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd offer to play for ps tomorrow, but I fear I am not 3l33+ enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Andy, Eric is away at the moment, he's back tomorrow as far as i know.

PS have been reasonable all through this situation ... Whoever is incharge of Se7en this weekend we'll try and sort out a postponing but it is up to Se7en.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

"dear oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear"
    what the fúck?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement