Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Different web browser speeds with ADSL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

in the great tradition of 'me too' posts (or not me too in this case :)..

have to say I have always found tabs in opera confusing and the first thing I do when i set up a linux distro is turn off the virtual desktops - seems to me they're a hang over from the multi-console tty paradigm - or maybe I'm just not able to multitask enuff to appreciate having 10 windows open in each desktop ;)

I thought firebird/fox was still a bit flaky - must give it a lash tonight (with my new broadband connection hehe :)

C

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Phibsboro
    in the great tradition of 'me too' posts (or not me too in this case :)..

have to say I have always found tabs in opera confusing and the first thing I do when i set up a linux distro is turn off the virtual desktops - seems to me they're a hang over from the multi-console tty paradigm - or maybe I'm just not able to multitask enuff to appreciate having 10 windows open in each desktop ;)

Well this is nothing, here is multitasking for you:

I now have two 21" monitors in front of me. Each monitor has dual head support (it can display the output from two different computers using a switch button).

I have three computers of various types.

Computer A (my primary computer) is plugged in to both Monitor 1 and 2 and the desktop is spread across both monitors.
    Computer B is attached to the second connector on monitor 1.
    Computer C is attached to the second connector on monitor 2.

And on all these computers I have virtual desktops, tabbed browsing on Firefox and tabbed terminal consoles.

Advertisement