Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnSpeed.com

Options
  • 17-02-2004 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried their product out?
    ONSPEED is the solution for millions of Internet users who are frustrated by having a slow Internet connection and is a real alternative to Broadband.

ONSPEED is a software download which utilises a unique 9 patent approved compression technology that increases your existing Internet connection speed by up to 5 times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Someone will correct me im sure if im wrong but theres a whole host of this type of software around - but they do little if anything to improve connection speed on dialup.

This is based on stuff that i've read on other forums - although i'd love to think that i have got it wrong:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Don't waste your money. Most likely it only opens multiples connections to a file you're downloading, but even then you are still limited by your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Even though the reviewers have tested throughput on bandwidthplace.com? I'd be alittle skeptical too but the reviewers do seem to indicate that it does what it says. The client (running on your machine) seems to route everything through OnSpeed's own server. You could even run it on top of a broadband connection! It only seems to have an effect on browsing though. File downloading isn't really affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

The 'big fat claims' on their site are biased and are not independent seeing as they probably have advertising a/cs with said publications.

Theres a good explanation of why it doesnt work so well here

And its a data mining outfit as well!..nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Well thanks for that perspective. It does make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

It dosent work with files that are already compressed like mp3 and zip files

Advertisement