Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can fit a xbox chip in Drogheda ?

Options
  • 17-02-2004 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any one fitting chips in Drogheda?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

I can't. But get it don'e quick and get a new hard drive while your at it and stop paying through the nose for games

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

if you're willing to post it to dublin(costs €10 using sds) i could do it. or if you're brave enough to open the console up and take the board out the postage would be less. pm me if you're interested

NIge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭skycards

I'd drive down if that was an option ?
    The board is out of the box just need the wires soldered.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Len_007
    and stop paying through the nose for games

Yea, but do it the right way - http://play.com/

no probs if you want to come down - I presume when you say wires that you have a chip already? send me a pm and we can discuss the particulars :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Im thinking about getting an xbox myself, second hand if possible, what chip would u recommend that would involve no soldering but still allows xbox live and wheres the cheapest and safest place to order one. Any info would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭skycards

Elmer your mailbox is full.

nothing beats a good solder mod :) - i guess if you want to get a solderless you've a few choices - http://www.divineo.co.uk is a good place to look.

Most people like the x2 .3b lite plus - never heard of any problems with the xbits but they're pricier. no point in getting x2 pro tbh. either way the cost of those chips is alot resulting in it not being much cheaper than a standard 256k solder mod and install. the solder mod is much less likely to get dislodged/ misaligned etc but this isn't as much of a problem as it was with the old matrix chips

Nige

Originally posted by skycards
    Elmer your mailbox is full.

no it isn't ;) try again now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

thanx for the info, i'll have to look for second hand xbox's then

• Advertisement
Advertisement