Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the hell is wrong with my pc

Options
  • 17-02-2004 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

im having problems with the being able to view my mail and certain other things like making a relpy or thread on boards.ie
    why can i relpy to boards from another network but not my home and the same goes to yahoo mail!?

its like the connection times out but its grand then for other sites and other mail boxes
    I dont get it that i can connect to other sites but not check my mail?

cleared out my cookies, disabled my firewall, even swaped my modem but non of this seems to work
    scaned for viruses and all that

could it be a trojen? or is my PC just ****ed
    im running win XP before anybody asks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Spyware probably... more common than viri these days!! get ad-aware or something like it.. make sure you get the latest reflist for it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

make sure windows is update and internet explorer is up to date too
    if they are and the ad aware doe's not work just re-install ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

use a different browser

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

have adaware and done a scan throgh with that i always had a firewall (zonealarm full ver) active
    although i do use limewire alot too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Check your phoneline for line noise.

• Advertisement

thats a good call

i think the problem may lie with utv because the ibook we have in the house has problems too accessing boards.ie( its been always like this though) and even though he can send and recieve mail attachments are a no go??

even sending quite large e-mails are impossible but bear in mind this is a wireless connection but i dont think it would matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Nothing wrong on your end, its a problem with UTV. Use their proxy and you'll be able to get your mail etc. without any probs. I cant post to boards or get into hotmail for the last few days unless I go through the proxy. It seems to just affect some sites whereas others will load fine.
    Have a look on the UTV support newsgroup, there's a bit on there about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by PcP
    Nothing wrong on your end, its a problem with UTV. Use their proxy and you'll be able to get your mail etc. without any probs. I cant post to boards or get into hotmail for the last few days unless I go through the proxy. It seems to just affect some sites whereas others will load fine.
    Have a look on the UTV support newsgroup, there's a bit on there about it.
    What's the address? I had trouble last night with web requests timing out.

****ing typical utv at least they could get in contact with us!
    was up all night trying out new software and firewalls and all that

do u have a link to the news group?
    when are they going to fix the problem?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I had a similar problem. I had just installed a new router and the MTU size was the problem.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

proxies at 195.218.116.8 port 3128

Theres another one but I cba looking for it, its in the newsgroup somewhere. The one above works fine for me, I can access everything again through it.

hth.

cheers ill try that now tonight

Advertisement